Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Screen Resolution Problem??

Amariah
01.18.2012 , 05:13 PM | #1
I downloaded the patch this afternoon and when I get to the Character Selection Screen... the resolution is HUGE! I can't see my list of toons and all the buttons usually in the lower left... Quit etc are off the screen!

My resolution on my PC has not changed, still set the same. WTH happened with the game screen resolution?

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Gangrel
01.18.2012 , 05:15 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Amariah View Post
I downloaded the patch this afternoon and when I get to the Character Selection Screen... the resolution is HUGE! I can't see my list of toons and all the buttons usually in the lower left... Quit etc are off the screen!

My resolution on my PC has not changed, still set the same. WTH happened with the game screen resolution?

Is anybody else experiencing this?
Bottom left of the screen is a preferences gear...

Does changing any of the settings in that help resolve your problem?
1) I reject your reality.... and substitute my own
2) Not to be used when upset... will void warranty
3) Stoke me a clipper i will be back for dinner
4) I have seen more intellegence from an NPC AI in TR beta, than from most MMO players.

luixnunex
01.19.2012 , 04:01 AM | #3
Is there any way of changing the resolution setting without starting the game ?
This is because my screen goes black and it says the resolution is not compatible,so i cant even locate the options menu.

sodadsmc
01.20.2012 , 09:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by luixnunex View Post
Is there any way of changing the resolution setting without starting the game ?
This is because my screen goes black and it says the resolution is not compatible,so i cant even locate the options menu.
I had the same problem too. After I updated to 1.1 Hit play I’d get a black screen with “unsupported input” on my monitor. Seems they changed the default refresh rate in the patch mine was set to 85.
To fix it:
Open: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settin gs
Edit: client_settings.ini
Change these to your Windows resolution (which it should be) and your monitor supported refresh rate. In my case 1024x768 60Hz
NativeHeight = 768
NativeWidth = 1024
RefreshRate = 60