Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Color Crystal - and how do I use it?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Color Crystal - and how do I use it?

CitizenSith
12.14.2011 , 01:18 PM | #1
  1. I have the color crystal from preordering.
  2. I have advanced to level 7 and beyond.
  3. I find a crafting bench and click on my rife.
  4. It brings up a square (same size as all the inventory icons) and a long rectangle
  5. I drag my crystal from the inventory to the square and ...nothing
  6. ???
  7. Completion
  8. Profit
So, my problem is that step 6 isn't happening and I cannot complete the rest. There is some sort of text in the rectangle, but it seems faded with some other text typed over it, so I can't read anything. Are there certain rifles that do NOT allow you to insert the crystal? Or am I going about this completely the wrong way?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for your time.
EGA: Tuesday, 13DEC11 <- I was there! Shadowlands Server: Horror Legacy
Sith Empire: Cthuhlu (DS SI), Hastur (DS SW), Gentleman (LS SW), Palpatyne (DS SI), Imperial (IA), Gorynych (LS SI)
Republic: Simulacrum (LS Tr), Akumashibaru (LS JK)

-ZaRDoZ-
12.14.2011 , 01:19 PM | #2
Some weapons dont let you change stuff, find an orange background gun/saber/etc and try with that
Master lunatic magnet

GamewizX
12.14.2011 , 01:21 PM | #3
Gear that has mod slots is now colored orange. To change/add/remove a mod from a modifiable item, just Ctrl + Right Click on the modifiable item to bring up the mod window. Drop the color crystal into the appropriate slot and hit accept. You should be good to go after that.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

-ZaRDoZ-
12.14.2011 , 01:37 PM | #4
edit hit refresh by mistake
Master lunatic magnet

CitizenSith
12.15.2011 , 01:36 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
Gear that has mod slots is now colored orange. To change/add/remove a mod from a modifiable item, just Ctrl + Right Click on the modifiable item to bring up the mod window. Drop the color crystal into the appropriate slot and hit accept. You should be good to go after that.
Hey! Nice to see you again. I take it you're on Shadowlands? I am. Just leveled my Trooper (Simulacrum) to 11. Hope to see you some time.
Sith Empire: Cthuhlu (DS SI), Hastur (DS SW), Gentleman (LS SW), Palpatyne (DS SI), Imperial (IA), Gorynych (LS SI)

TarukMockto
12.15.2011 , 01:43 PM | #6
I've found that sometimes you have to drag the existing color crystal out to your inventory first, before it will let me drag the new one in. Give that a try.

CitizenSith
12.15.2011 , 01:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TarukMockto View Post
I've found that sometimes you have to drag the existing color crystal out to your inventory first, before it will let me drag the new one in. Give that a try.
Thanks. I had figured it out. Turns out I was using poor rifles. But now, I have my BOOMSTICK!