Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whats with all the ERP lately?

acheros
01.18.2012 , 04:16 PM | #1
Maybe its just me..But I've noticed a rise in ERP. It seems to be effecting the forums more then the servers but, odds are, at this very moment, this post is going to be surrounded by ERP topics....Some on top..Some on bottom....Its getting very, very hard...To enjoy the forums with it.

Yes, I know this is a community forum. and yes, I know its their right to do it if they want..In private at least. I've never had a problem with people ERPing. I have a problem with people doing it in public. Or even advertising it in public. I, personally, wouldn't have a single problem if BIOWARE set up an ERP sub-section of the forums, and everyone in game did it in guild(if they allow), party(if everyone else is okay with it), or private(if consensual) chat.

DuchessOfKvetch
01.18.2012 , 04:24 PM | #2
Eh, so there was a small spike today... the SOPA blackout has everyone a little frustrated, maybe....?

Besides, how would YOU feel if they blacked out TVTropes.com?
EBON HAWK: "They must have put something in our water"
Visit the Ebon Hawk RP server forum www.ebon-hawk.com and our FaceBook page
Find me as: Anjela, Taloe, Sandoval (all Empire side, baby)
Bartle Score: Socializer: 87%, Explorer: 73%, Killer: 40%, Achiever: 0%

Bobinator
01.18.2012 , 04:37 PM | #3
Well...I have no problem with ERP...as long as its private (in tells/group with the people in question etc etc)

But when you put it in public forums like this you pretty much hurt yourself...
As of right now, i'm rash free.

acheros
01.18.2012 , 04:44 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessOfKvetch View Post
Eh, so there was a small spike today... the SOPA blackout has everyone a little frustrated, maybe....?

Besides, how would YOU feel if they blacked out TVTropes.com?
Bored, thats about it. I honestly hope they do just to further raise awareness.

Sacredless
01.18.2012 , 05:18 PM | #5
How are the forums affected exactly? I've not seen a lot of it.

Yhor
01.18.2012 , 05:22 PM | #6
What is ERP?

I'm guessing Erotic-RolePlay? If yes, then yeah.. definitely should be private, RP server or no.
Unrepentant Gaming Community
When I can't handle events, I let them handle themselves. ~Henry Ford

Sivri
01.18.2012 , 05:29 PM | #7
I never minded people ERP'ing as long as I can't see it. People are people, not much you can do beyond requesting it doesn't go directly in your face.
Though as far as I know, posing sexual things like ERP on the forum is against the forum's rules, no?
So if you see it just press the report button, reckon that's the fastest way to be rid of it.
Leader of The Clandestine Community - The Clandestine Recruitment
Siara - Republic Human - The Progenitor
For profit and freedom

TheGreatNeechi
01.18.2012 , 09:09 PM | #8
Depends on the ERP. Frankly I take pride in being able to write a toe-curling erotic scene without a single vulgar phrase.

There's smut, and then there's art.

I do find it odd people would complain about something they are more than capable of ignoring, however. Not that you'll ever see me getting my wiggle on in such a public space --I do value discretion-- but you'll never see me complain about it either.

ERP in the forums is really nothing to be offended over, though it does violate the rules of conduct.

Sacredless
01.19.2012 , 02:39 AM | #9
To put the above post in perspective, if two characters talk about sex in public(without being unreasonably vulgar), then it's not ERP and it's not graphical in nature. That you can't have sex in public is one thing; that you must be prude is another.

Soultranna
01.21.2012 , 01:59 PM | #10
ERP on the forums?

That's... new. Not to mention in flagrant disregard of the forum's TOS.
"If you'll excuse me, I have to create a hangover to nurse." - Gault Rennow

Just another person behind a keyboard escaping reality for a while.