Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: Leveling a tri-spec Sorcerer 1-50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor > Sorcerer
Guide: Leveling a tri-spec Sorcerer 1-50

Lord_Xar
03.13.2012 , 12:58 PM | #41
great thread, where is the sticky???

LordMors
03.15.2012 , 03:07 PM | #42
Good job. I'm a 26 newbie going pure heal, and have been looking for something with more flash...this work up is just what I've been thinking about, thanks.
Mors vincit omnia

stephenalandavie
03.15.2012 , 04:07 PM | #43
Hi

Can anybody give me any help on a good build for pvp? i am level 26 currently, sorcerer.

dutch-master
03.16.2012 , 02:17 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Orici View Post
Excellent post. Im leveling as a healer (18/7/3) but will give this a try for a few levels.
My .02...

Honestly, I think the sorcerer can level any spec, but leveling heavy heals is the slow way to go. I leveled the 31 points madness without any issues other than switching out xalek for talos on the final fight. the instant whirlwind is verrrrrry nice to have. Stronger dots mean that you can top up your tank while they tick away, all the while healing you from ...

Hokos spec is very nice too. But its really a one trick pony in that you're working those chain lightning wrath procs for a lot of AoE. IMO its better suited to PvP medal farming as it doesn't play nicely with CC, and is very force intensive comparatively. Also its more of a race to kill everything before your companion dies...

Reference
Creeping Terror (3/7/31)

futuredami
03.16.2012 , 03:02 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Iselin View Post
ROFL... oh wait, you're serious... OK here it goes:

I want to thank the academy and everyone who thought of this spec whether they posted it as a one liner, wrote a guide or just dreamt they had... I want to thank my parents for having me and everyone elses's parents for having them... and baby jesus too.
You sir, win. Heh heh.
Lightsabers are for people who can't use a Gaffi

Iselin
03.20.2012 , 12:46 PM | #46
A post-1.2 note to all...

As I'm sure many of you have heard by now, there are some big changes coming to Sorcerers (most classes really) in 1.2.

Two changes in particular have a a large impact on this tri-spec: Chain Lightning will no longer be a +20% damage instant procced off Force Lightning and Force Bending will no longer reduce the cast time of Dark Infusion by 1 second.

For this spec, those changes are huge. I see very little point in taking CL or FB now and I'll have to do some serious thinking about what should replace them... if anything. This spec could very well go the way of the dodo post 1.2.

Lorellon
08.23.2012 , 11:51 AM | #47
Any update, or a comparative guide/build, for the current version of the game?

I just started up an Inquisitor, and was hoping to follow the advice in this guide. I was saddened to learn that after 1.2 it's no longer applicable.

jedifather
08.23.2012 , 03:13 PM | #48
this is what im using to level up personally, its not tri-spec at all but madness/lightning hybrid. works great for leveling and endgame content as well. the points in corrupted flesh or devour can be moved around as you see fit. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201ZfcM0bZfMbRsRkrs.2
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. SNIPER 4 LIFE!!

StevieStreets
12.01.2012 , 06:09 PM | #49
Anyone have any problems with flash point groups? I've leveled to 37, mostly following Madness spec with a few points in corruption. Since the start I've played healer with all my groups (have Heal & DPS checked in group finder). I haven't had any problems healing.... until now.

Foundry flash point was a disaster. It went fine all the way until the end, and then wipe, wipe, wipe. I couldn't keep up, and kept running out of Force. I got dumped from the group. One guy was pretty upset that I wasn't "a real healer". After doing some reading I see that he's right... there's a lot more to healer than I've been playing.

I'm new to MMO, and I don't want to be THAT GUY. So looking for some feedback.

My initial plan was to play DPS to learn (hence the Madness spec). I've been having a blast healing, so think I'd like to go in that direction. All my research says its possible to level as a healer, but then I see so many people in this thread being successful with the tri-spec.

I'd love some advice from more experienced players. I plan to level 50 and get into end game stuff.

How hard will it be to learn to use healer abilities at this level (instead of from the start)? Maybe I should wait until I reach 50? I don't want to cause wipes cause I don't know the different abilities.

Maybe I keep with the Madness focus and forget about playing healer role in flash points at these levels? (oh... usually I am 4-5 levels above my current missions, but now see that this wasn't the case for Foundry (37 and up... I will for sure wait until I level up to do this one again).

What do you think?

verfallen
12.02.2012 , 06:06 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by StevieStreets View Post
Anyone have any problems with flash point groups? I've leveled to 37, mostly following Madness spec with a few points in corruption. Since the start I've played healer with all my groups (have Heal & DPS checked in group finder). I haven't had any problems healing.... until now.

Foundry flash point was a disaster. It went fine all the way until the end, and then wipe, wipe, wipe. I couldn't keep up, and kept running out of Force. I got dumped from the group. One guy was pretty upset that I wasn't "a real healer". After doing some reading I see that he's right... there's a lot more to healer than I've been playing.

I'm new to MMO, and I don't want to be THAT GUY. So looking for some feedback.

My initial plan was to play DPS to learn (hence the Madness spec). I've been having a blast healing, so think I'd like to go in that direction. All my research says its possible to level as a healer, but then I see so many people in this thread being successful with the tri-spec.

I'd love some advice from more experienced players. I plan to level 50 and get into end game stuff.

How hard will it be to learn to use healer abilities at this level (instead of from the start)? Maybe I should wait until I reach 50? I don't want to cause wipes cause I don't know the different abilities.

Maybe I keep with the Madness focus and forget about playing healer role in flash points at these levels? (oh... usually I am 4-5 levels above my current missions, but now see that this wasn't the case for Foundry (37 and up... I will for sure wait until I level up to do this one again).

What do you think?
For healing FP post 30, as a sorc, you need to be nearly full heal spec to get innervate.

Simply, lack of the 1,5 sec DI we used to have pre 1,2 just makes you unable to keep up.

Your emergency healing is pretty much bubbling, innervate to get a cushion, and DI to get back the health out of the red zone.

This all-around wonder the OP was talking about is just no longer available.

Sorc healing is currently lacking for spike healing, so you need all the talents you can get, or you go out of force fast.