Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guide: Leveling a tri-spec Sorcerer 1-50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Guide: Leveling a tri-spec Sorcerer 1-50

Itesh
01.27.2012 , 06:56 PM | #21
Thanks. Giving this a well deserved bump and I have another question. WP is the obvious stat to pump, but what after that? Crit, Power, Force Power?
Experience is a dear teacher, but fools will learn at no other--Benjamin Franklin

Iselin
01.27.2012 , 07:31 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Itesh View Post
Thanks. Giving this a well deserved bump and I have another question. WP is the obvious stat to pump, but what after that? Crit, Power, Force Power?
I think the jury's still out. Once we can parse damage/healing, I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Personally I prefer WP > Power (force or not) > Crit > Surge > Alacrity. But as you level, don't waste too much time worrying about it. You'll get drops that will make the decision for you a lot of the time.

End game you can't help but get a lot of Alacrity with level 50 epic drops.

TheTwoFourThree
01.31.2012 , 12:33 PM | #23
Thanks for this guide. Probably the best explanation of a leveling build I've seen so far. I'm using it to level my Sage (Was going to roll a Sorcerer but found out guild is Republic) and it's working out nicely.

Athred
01.31.2012 , 03:25 PM | #24
Well, after 10lvl's using this build (currently lvl 40), I dont see that much improvement from since I started using it, sure it was better than my last build, but at a higher level you need more damage, not always balance, it doesnt always work. Great guide anyways.

Tallymon
01.31.2012 , 06:20 PM | #25
After getting wrath, I immediately started working towards resurgence+force bending. Once you get 2/2 Force Bending everything becomes so much smoother, that skill is just incredible.

Iselin
02.01.2012 , 10:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Tallymon View Post
After getting wrath, I immediately started working towards resurgence+force bending. Once you get 2/2 Force Bending everything becomes so much smoother, that skill is just incredible.
It's the key to healing as a Sorcerer. Bubble + Resurgence + 2 Dark Infusions (Rejuvenate + 2 Deliverance) is enough to take anyone from the brink of death to almost full health.

Once you know how good it is, it's actually hard to leave the Corruption (Seer) part of this spec for last... I'm currently leveling a Sage also and was thinking of doing just that.

First time around, Chain Lightning was just too seductive to not do Lightning second. I'll see how it goes leveling healing after Pressence of Mind (Wrath) and maybe edit the OP.

Skuldar
02.01.2012 , 03:09 PM | #27
On my first sorc I leveled Lightning first, thirsting after Chain Lightning, then went for Madness, and finally up to Force Bending. Chain Lightning is nice and all, but if I had it to do over again (which I do now on my second sorc), I'd go up Madness first because Madness+Sith Efficacy is just too convenient. In every case, though, I'd save most Corruption points for later because it is only in later levels that healing becomes so crucial (especially for solo quests). For the first half to two-thirds, DPS is usually the most efficient questing tactic. Still, I typically start out with my first two points reducing the cast time on my heal, so that all through the leveling process I can more effectively throw out heals when I really need to.

mackgt
02.02.2012 , 10:53 PM | #28
Great guide thank you for posting this. I am lvl 30 so far and it is smooth sailing and pvp is a blast! lvl 30 and lvl 30 valor currently getting 6-8 medals as i mix a lot of healing and damage ..again great guide!

SirCruor
02.03.2012 , 12:32 AM | #29
I can attest to Khem as being the best companion even though I leveled as Corruption.

Even if I healed a DPS companion, they couldn't hold aggro on all the mobs. If I wanted to AoE I had at least 2 beating on me as well. I found it more convenient to just have to heal Khem as he tanked the pack of NPCs rather than have them spread everywhere attacking myself and my DPS companion.

Granted, no pure DPS is a little slower I found it more enjoyable. I could also solo almost any elite/champ mob.

Iselin
02.12.2012 , 04:00 PM | #30
Bump for new leveling sorcs who may not know this was burried down in page 7.