Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaon Under Siege - New Instance (Hard Mode)

jedip_enguin
01.19.2012 , 03:39 AM | #21
Did this last night as well, Vanguard tank, Sage healer and Commando/Scoundrel dps.

Wiped a few times at the turret encounter as our tank seemed a bit unsure of himself and kept running around like he was afraid of taking dmg.

Other bosses were pretty much cake, except for the bonus who we had to leave, we tried cc'ing 2 of the adds killing the third and burning the boss but just could not provide sufficient dps to kill him before he brought down the next wave of 4 or killed the tank ( i suspect the Tank was a little spotty regarding dmg reduction cd's as I had to explain the concept to him a few times)

Other than this the instance was a blast, very atmospheric and the toch droids were a nice touch and I managed to pick up a Assault cannon with some really good mods/crystal
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Rehtiz
01.19.2012 , 04:21 AM | #22
Did this with Guardian tank, Guardian tank doing dps, sage healer (myself) and a trooper dps (forget what ac he is). Went straight for hardmode not knowing a thing about the place.

Bonus boss was fun to learn, took a few goes to work out a strat for it. First wave of adds we cc'ed 2, then killed them one by one, second wave we cc'ed 2, killed the 3rd then nuked the boss.

Tersidre
01.19.2012 , 05:17 AM | #23
did this with:

jugg tank - me
merc dps
merc healer
sorc dps

did it on hm and was pretty easy with the exception of the bonus boss but imo right now its worth it because of the t2 head peice that comes with it.

overall it was really fun that first "boss" with the constant waves of infected was alot of fun. the last boss was pretty easy especially after having downed the bonus.
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Theukalo
01.19.2012 , 05:22 AM | #24
did it with tank+heal + 2 npcs in hard mode..

PITA but managed it.. but fun instance..

Sujimichi
01.19.2012 , 05:45 AM | #25
Anybody got any tips for a heavy melee group?
Our group was:

Vanguard tank
Scoundrel healer
Shadow dps
Guardian dps (me)

We pretty much breezed through the non-bonus bosses (hardmode), but we couldn't even get past the first add phase of the bonus boss. Are you supposed to be able to burst down the 3 droids before he is done with his shield? We usually got 1 down with 1 cc'd and a third one with about 20% hp left, but the boss got back before we could kill all 3. 1 of them alive, plus the boss is just too much of a strain for our healer.

AsinineTangent
01.19.2012 , 09:01 AM | #26
Went in blind on hard. Got bonus boss on second try. CC two adds, dps one at a time.

Guardian tank (me)
Sage healer
Vanguard dps
Scoundrel dps

Fighting the special trash mobs was pretty fun and yeah the L4D references were not missed by us either. We mostly breezed through it. So much so that we actually left at one point to make sure it was hardmode.

To above, no we did not kill all 3 adds before the boss "woke up". I just had to tank them both with careful use of cooldowns. It is a lot of damage though.

Miothan
01.19.2012 , 01:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Sujimichi View Post
Anybody got any tips for a heavy melee group?
Our group was:

Vanguard tank
Scoundrel healer
Shadow dps
Guardian dps (me)

We pretty much breezed through the non-bonus bosses (hardmode), but we couldn't even get past the first add phase of the bonus boss. Are you supposed to be able to burst down the 3 droids before he is done with his shield? We usually got 1 down with 1 cc'd and a third one with about 20% hp left, but the boss got back before we could kill all 3. 1 of them alive, plus the boss is just too much of a strain for our healer.
It is a very heal intensive fight, aoe healing is very good here.

If you have problem with the adds, then, CC 2 of them, kill the 3rd, and then kill them 1 by 1, the boss does not seem to have an enrage timer, so as long as you kill the 3 adds and dps him a bit, you should be fine.
Immorality: The morality of those who are having a better time. ~H.L. Mencken