Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What went wrong? Why did SWTOR fail? Why it never killed WoW?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What went wrong? Why did SWTOR fail? Why it never killed WoW?

LukeRPWalker
01.18.2012 , 03:37 PM | #1
What do you think? What were BW's biggest mistakes? What could it learn for the next MMORPG (if they ever produce another one after this awkward failure?)

Or was it even a failure? Was the target to kill WoW in the end?

My opinion:

- WORST Enginge ever (for a multi hundred million project) ability lag and performance issues are something that should not exist in a late 2011 "AAA" MMORPG
- Server instancing
- Too linear
- Too small servers
- Horrible endgame (raiding/PvP)
- Too much focus on story (okay, it's story driven, but this was way over the top)
- Too much attempt to copy WoW - going the safe way, no real new ideas to make people actually quit WoW and never miss it

Simply - lack of creativity, mediocrity in design and inexperience

What's your opinion?

LordRelyks
01.18.2012 , 03:38 PM | #2
It feels like the devs never did anything. Feels as if the voice actors did all the work.

Wiz' Khalifa/Nevaro Kas'im from Flurry SWG.

stitchersflock
01.18.2012 , 03:38 PM | #3
My opinion is that you are troll who will be gone tomorrow and so your opinion is meaningless. Enjoy reskinned WOW content from 6 years ago LMAO

Demonix
01.18.2012 , 03:38 PM | #4
Sigh...another one of those...

Yes you are right, it's a piece of crap game, now please unsub and let time go by.
The word "good" has many meanings. For example, if a man were to shoot his grandmother at a range of five hundred yards, I should call him a good shot, but not necessarily a good man.
G.K. Chesterton

Mrshush
01.18.2012 , 03:38 PM | #5
2more days. then the forums will clear up.

your post could have been good, cept your a fool who jumps on the wow killer bandwagon, that will not happen.

Hiramas
01.18.2012 , 03:39 PM | #6
SWTOR did not fail. Far from it. Now go play something else. Bye

/thread please
Republic Jedi Guardian - former RP-PVP Jen'Jidal
Can you please give us Server Transfers, so I can get back to a RP Server? Thanks.

KippTabor
01.18.2012 , 03:40 PM | #7
LMAO. Game is less than a month old and people are complaining that it "never" killed WoW?

Where the hell is this sort of "logic" coming from?

Did WoW kill EQ in a month? LOL. *facepalm*
Never fire a laser at a mirror. ~Larry Niven

Santium
01.18.2012 , 03:40 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRelyks View Post
It feels like the devs never did anything. Feels as if the voice actors did all the work.

that would make so much sense - the voice actors made the game-

its so simple- next time get actually programmers in Biowars- Voice actors as far as i am aware dont make the best coders..

Taurusaud
01.18.2012 , 03:40 PM | #9
Easy - they spent all the money on cheap concubines and blow... and market hype...

Quote: Originally Posted by Mrshush View Post
2more days. then the forums will clear up.

your post could have been good, cept your a fool who jumps on the wow killer bandwagon, that will not happen.
Oh right, because once all the naysayers leave the game will magically become good and working properly...

Brickabrack
01.18.2012 , 03:41 PM | #10
Game is fine. On a slightly unrelated note... I wish there was a way I could reach through the internet and smack someone for making bad threads.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Playing Since 12-13-2011