Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is anyone leveling Madness over Deception?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Is anyone leveling Madness over Deception?

Nazathul
12.14.2011 , 12:55 PM | #1
From the astralfire codex it seems that pre lvl 30 madness seems to be the weakest of the trees and that for speed and ease of leveling Deception is way to go? Anyone else under same impression? Is anyone planning to lvl as Madness? I plan on playing Madness endgame pve, and sometimes to really know the ends and outs of a spec is to play it long term.. Seeing as game is so new this means levling at the moment...

Quietmode
12.14.2011 , 01:06 PM | #2
Ive been leveling as Madness. At the end of my first day, i hit 20 and picked up Death field and everyone else was lvl 18 or lower. I might switch to deception but i like having death field to tear through the trash packs. [I only made it to 24 in beta]

Sadly i cant play for another 36hours due to prior engagements So ill have to let you know how madness goes.

Nazathul
12.14.2011 , 02:18 PM | #3
Please do, I didnt get to play any beta, but have played wow for 7yrs to should be easy to pick up, just new skills and names to learn. The madness tree looks to be where my play style is, I just wonder how viable it is early game.

Pangscar
12.14.2011 , 03:44 PM | #4
Personally I think madness is better for lvling. The bottom tiers of Madness there are talents that directly effect Damage output, while for Deception the good damage talents and abilities are higher in the tree.

I'll be lvling as Madness then at some point in 20's or 30's will be switching over to Deception.
My chains are broken.The Force shall free me.

lincmpuser
12.14.2011 , 04:32 PM | #5
Planning on lvling madness because it seemed like more of the mixed/hybrid spec.

I may wind up picking some of the Darkness tree (i tend not to min/max things)
The problem with a fair fight is that you only have a 50% chance of winning.

Modyn
12.14.2011 , 08:52 PM | #6
Haven't gotten in yet. (here's hoping for tomorrow!) But I plan to level as Madness or a Madness/Darkness hybrid, since I plan to tank at 50.
~=< Intense Cold >=~
In the Dark comes the Intense Cold!
West Coast / PVE / Casual

Bravemonster
12.14.2011 , 09:48 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Modyn View Post
Haven't gotten in yet. (here's hoping for tomorrow!) But I plan to level as Madness or a Madness/Darkness hybrid, since I plan to tank at 50.
This.

It has the defense talents of tanking tree and a sweet dps/hybrid tree mixed. You cant go wrong IMO.

Plus no disrespect to Astralfire, but do what works for you. I leveled 2 assassins in different betas, and for me a darkness/madness build worked great.
Blazers and Lasers
Valzina Blazer (Member)
Site | Suit Up
| Stream

Nazathul
12.14.2011 , 09:51 PM | #8
Ya, I just ask based on Astrals Codex, he has firmly stated that deception is the leveling spec... And seeing as it is an amazing thread, and he had beta access and this nublet didnt I figured I would get the communities thoughts on it. Really excited to get going is anyone else planning on taking two gathering skills to 50 and then dropping one for crafting at max lvl? I hear its very expensive to level ur crafting skill...

Happy_Puppy
12.15.2011 , 05:19 PM | #9
From what ive seen madness is the leveling spec and deseption is more pvp spec. I toyed with both and my damage out put was much better as madness.

Invitcted
12.15.2011 , 06:11 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nazathul View Post
Ya, I just ask based on Astrals Codex, he has firmly stated that deception is the leveling spec... And seeing as it is an amazing thread, and he had beta access
Didn't he actually say it's better to go deception early because deception gets some of it's big hitting abilities before darkness/madness? Not to mention madness is a dots spec compared to deception's burst and burst is of considered better for leveling because it saves you from doting up everything that moves.

That said really it doesn't matter where you throw your talent anything is viable for leveling.
▔ịị◚◚◚◚◚ịịδ▔ịị7▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)