Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did I get full experience?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why did I get full experience?

SoulstitchMMO
12.14.2011 , 12:52 PM | #1
What ever happened to "rewarded for doing things"?

I joined a warzone just before it ended. I got there with like 30seconds left, barely did anything other than run out into the middle of the field.

Warzone ended, I got full xp. How is this a good idea?

How does this discourage people from just afk botting to max level?

Bioware please take your pvp seriously.

Kadabrax
12.14.2011 , 12:58 PM | #2
sounds fun

Quietmode
12.14.2011 , 12:59 PM | #3
I was getting the same thing. I queued for a few pvp matches on tuesday when i was 10-12 and we would get enough people to start, but i guess not enough accepted.

So we would join and then get a 90second warning that the match would close. I'm assuming we got full EXP but we were getting 2600exp for just the short time we were in there

Aeonixx
12.14.2011 , 01:00 PM | #4
What you experienced isn't normal. NORMALLY you would be in the whole warzone, and as such there is a set amount of experience you gain NOT based on your time in the battleground, but rather a set amount you get for winning and losing.

Get in a full length warzone and you will earn your experience, get in one at the end and you just get free xp...Why are you complaining?

Kegheld
12.14.2011 , 01:00 PM | #5
It's an exploit. Stephen Reid posted on this. If you want to avoid trouble, I would just stay out of WZs until they get the problem fixed.
Has a mother-in-law that makes Vader look like a cupcake.

Hieny
12.14.2011 , 01:00 PM | #6
How long was the queue? you waited for no action and then had to re-queue right? Personally I'd prefer that than to get in, get no xp and realise however long of my life was wasted. Ok if the queue's are instant its not too bad.

That's the only suggestion I could think of.

thepilk
12.14.2011 , 01:01 PM | #7
Happened to me too, joined the battlefield to see a "defeat" screen instantly..0 kills, 0 damage, but a free 800 or so valor +xp and credits.

Jebu_Boin
12.14.2011 , 01:10 PM | #8
/sigh

Why is this not fixed yet. This is a known exploit to a non working feature in the game.

I appreciate you might have stumbled accross this and am not calling you an exploiter, you are just being unfortunately caught up in it. There are people that are working this system to max level their chars and it doesnt help that the way to do this keeps getting posted on the forum. Once again, this wasnt your fault and you are just asking a valid question.

Can we please get this fixed Bioware?

(█████████████||||||||||()||||||||||█████████████)
..........Jebu - Leader of The Power Empire - TPE..........

thepilk
12.14.2011 , 01:16 PM | #9
Happened to me too, joined the battlefield to see a "defeat" screen instantly..0 kills, 0 damage, but a free 800 or so valor +xp and credits.

SanSeraph
12.14.2011 , 01:20 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kegheld View Post
It's an exploit. Stephen Reid posted on this. If you want to avoid trouble, I would just stay out of WZs until they get the problem fixed.
They won't take away anyone's xp. They should but they won't. Just imagine the *****torm if they did. People are going ******* about not getting into the game in the first wave of early access despite knowing they wouldn't. Take away people's xp and they will freak out. A long time ago I played Vanguard, which was a great game despite the bugs. I suffered through them and still had a ton of fun, but at one point a gold duplication exploit was discovered and used massively. The devs decided not to take people's gold away probably because they were worried about people quitting if they did, and the economy was subsequently destroyed. And that destruction was the reason I left the game. I support a rollback but it won't happen.