Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Soa 16 Nightmare killed by Millenium


Padmay's Avatar


Padmay
01.18.2012 , 12:37 PM | #1
Joke boss, easier than the old heroic version.

19:31:14 01/18/2012

Screenshots:

(Loots) http://i.imgur.com/CeqO1.jpg

(Lock-out) http://i.imgur.com/xLU0P.jpg

(Nice one) http://i.imgur.com/h8Dzw.jpg

Video soon (of heroic and nightmare, so you can see the difference, lol).
Millenium Star Wars: The Old Republic

Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.18.2012 , 12:51 PM | #2
Grats.

However, its interesting to me that everyone is claiming world first this and that on these forums. Pre-launch, there were about 300,000 guilds registered. Of those guild about 32,000 of them had enough people to raid 16 man content.

Unless someone is checking every single raiding guild in the game to see their progression, who is to say that someone hasn't cleared before this?

I only ask because there are about 3-5 guilds who post on these forums about their progression. So you are telling me there are only 3-5 hardcore raiding guilds in the game? Until an ACP site is out, its pretty irrelevant unless all the raiding guilds agree to use the same site. (speaking of, is anything out on TORprogress yet?)

Again, congratulations on the kill. Did they fix anything buggy or was it just a ball nerf? The only thing I was really paying attention to was the fact that force push now refreshes timer on force charge. OP ball carrier inc.

I like the screenshots. The guild name looks pretty good.

nidhrun's Avatar


nidhrun
01.18.2012 , 12:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Artacks View Post
Grats.

However, its interesting to me that everyone is claiming world first this and that on these forums. Pre-launch, there were about 300,000 guilds registered. Of those guild about 32,000 of them had enough people to raid 16 man content.

Unless someone is checking every single raiding guild in the game to see their progression, who is to say that someone hasn't cleared before this?

I only ask because there are about 3-5 guilds who post on these forums about their progression. So you are telling me there are only 3-5 hardcore raiding guilds in the game? Until an ACP site is out, I would just suggest sticking to posting your boss kills, and not claiming something that can't really be proven.

Again, congratulations on the kill. Did they fix anything buggy or was it just a ball nerf? The only thing I was really paying attention to was the fact that force push now refreshes timer on force charge. OP ball carrier inc.
The entire fight has been nerfed, not only the balls. It's embarassing how much Bioware felt they needed to change this fight so the majority of their playerbase could kill it within three attempts.
Mnemonic - Niman (EU)

Jurugar's Avatar


Jurugar
01.18.2012 , 12:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Padmay View Post
Joke boss, easier than the old heroic version.

19:31:14 01/18/2012

Screenshots:

(Loots) http://i.imgur.com/CeqO1.jpg

(Lock-out) http://i.imgur.com/xLU0P.jpg

(Nice one) http://i.imgur.com/h8Dzw.jpg

Video soon (of heroic and nightmare, so you can see the difference, lol).
Grats guys. I actually had a sinking suspicion that, with the flat 16 man nerfs, nightmare wouldnt be all its cracked up to be - too bad that seems to be the case. Regardless, we'll judge for ourselves when we go after him later tonight.

Tried any of the new content yet?

Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.18.2012 , 12:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nidhrun View Post
The entire fight has been nerfed, not only the balls. It's embarassing how much Bioware felt they needed to change this fight so the majority of their playerbase could kill it within three attempts.
Ugh seriously? I didn't really look to see what they were doing to it, more interested in class buffs and nerfs.

I guess I'll be rolling a panda in 12 days....

Dante_Wod-Kao's Avatar


Dante_Wod-Kao
01.18.2012 , 12:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Padmay View Post
Joke boss, easier than the old heroic version.

19:31:14 01/18/2012

Screenshots:

(Loots) http://i.imgur.com/CeqO1.jpg

(Lock-out) http://i.imgur.com/xLU0P.jpg

(Nice one) http://i.imgur.com/h8Dzw.jpg

Video soon (of heroic and nightmare, so you can see the difference, lol).
/signed

really untertuned, way too easy.

They should've just fix the Mindtrap bug, but they changed the lighting ball system, too.

By the way...

EnVidia - Darth Traya: 17:44 01/18/2012

Padmay's Avatar


Padmay
01.18.2012 , 12:57 PM | #7
I'm not claiming world first or what so ever, you read my post on the Nox Imperius Annihilation Droid kill, and I well aware that it's impossible to claim a world first something 100% accurate.

If you are refering to the guild chat, you can notice the "?" after "world first", because it's a running joke in the guild cause of the issues I just stated above .

Boss is really a complete joke now, 3 balls P2, 2 balls P3, they are slower, target someone (with an in-game announce) and aren't tauntable anymore, and deal less damage.

Complete joke, heroic version was 200% harder and funnier, and I'm really disappointed of this "nerf to the ground", just putting the traps to 60k-80k hp would've been great, this is just ********.
Millenium Star Wars: The Old Republic

Jurugar's Avatar


Jurugar
01.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dante_Wod-Kao View Post

By the way...

EnVidia - Darth Traya: 17:44 01/18/2012
Can you guys stop being european for a bit? It's only 2 in the afternoon, lol.

Raid starts in 7 hours.

Also, did the lockouts reset?

Quote: Originally Posted by Padmay View Post
Boss is really a complete joke now, 3 balls P2, 2 balls P3, they are slower, target someone (with an in-game announce) and aren't tauntable anymore, and deal less damage.
Holy ****, really? 2 BALLS IN P3? RAID ANNOUNCEMENTS? I guess pre-nerf is the new "nightmare", ehh?

Artacks's Avatar


Artacks
01.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Padmay View Post
I'm not claiming world first or what so ever, you read my post on the Nox Imperius Annihilation Droid kill, and I well aware that it's impossible to claim a world first something 100% accurate.

If you are refering to the guild chat, you can notice the "?" after "world first", because it's a running joke in the guild cause of the issues I just stated above .

Boss is really a complete joke now, 3 balls P2, 2 balls P3, they are slower, target someone (with an in-game announce) and aren't tauntable anymore, and deal less damage.

Complete joke, heroic version was 200% harder and funnier, and I'm really disappointed of this "nerf to the ground", just putting the traps to 60k-80k hp would've been great, this is just ********.
Ahh, I'm an idiot, my mistake. It was more of a general comment.

This is dissapointing, the last version was actually difficult enough to require some level of intelligence, and now they are just handing it to to us. Anyone else going on strike :P

Padmay's Avatar


Padmay
01.18.2012 , 01:01 PM | #10
Lock-out didn't reset, nope.

Going to Karraga's after food break, we'll let you know what's up about this one, hoping for more challenge.
Millenium Star Wars: The Old Republic