Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error code 4001

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

vikturr
01.20.2012 , 08:36 AM | #41
SWTOR worked perfect for me until the second latest patch, and since 1.1 the game is barely playable. Im getting DC'ed all the time now and can't play it. In one desperate and patethic last attempt im playing this game at 800*600 with low settings to see if I still will DC.(some dude pointed out that this might help, and im grasping every straw right now)

Tomokie
01.20.2012 , 08:55 AM | #42
Puhhh.. still no serverlists.

It's been 2 days

Mysticfox
01.20.2012 , 09:13 AM | #43
Was working great till the latest patch now I dont see any servers. XD

FriscoFrez
01.20.2012 , 09:15 AM | #44
owell almost 1/6 matches in warzone i get kicked out u fix one thing only to brake 5-10 othere things?!? waz up with this. and don't give me the crap we love buggy games couse in the start all the games comes with bugg, yesteardy perhaps but today i want quality not some broken game. FIX it plz this is ruingning the game

Eivie
01.20.2012 , 09:37 AM | #45
I am also having the 4001 error crash followed by the 2005 error stopping me from logging in. This is only since the patch and I have changed nothing on my comp.

I previously had a lot of 9000 crashes followed by 2005 but they had cleared up in the past couple of weeks.

Happening during conversations, fights, travelling, pretty much randomly. Seems to be about every 30 mins for me atm.

Also getting like a double loading screen when I log back in, the loading screen from server select to game gets interrupted by another loading screen, the one we get when we first log on before we get to the server selection (hope that makes sense) and then it goes back to the first one.

I'm also getting a loading screen when the error 2005 comes up, then it goes back to the server select, this didn't happen when I was having the 9000 errors.

Tomokie
01.20.2012 , 11:07 AM | #46
Hey guys I solved my problem!

My problem was: Error 4001 - Serverlists not populating.

So I found out.. whenever I turned off my firewall (Zone Alarm).
My serverlist would be filled.. and I could actually play.

So I tried to find out.. what it was? So whenever I turned off the accesslist of the Application control. I could see servers as well.

So after many hours turning on/off server services / applications .. I could still not get stuff working.
Then I reinstalled my firewall.. and reset my rules in the application/access control list..

And it works! It's probably your firewall.. Reinstall it and relearn/re-apply rules!

CaptainKrazee
01.20.2012 , 11:20 AM | #47
Bump, Lets go, get this **** fixed.

Teafortwo
01.20.2012 , 11:31 AM | #48
I was in the middle of killing Kragga when I got the 4001 error.
Why does it happen at the move inconvenient times?

I've had the 9000 error many times, but now I'm also getting the 4001 error just as much.
Getting so tired of the game because of this. I find myself playing less and less everyday.

Cerimon
01.20.2012 , 11:42 AM | #49 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Please notice that this issue could be caused by your firewall.

Once you have waited at least 3 minutes on the server page and checked that the list has not updated, please remove and re-add "swtor.exe" to the list of exceptions of your firewall, disable any programs similar to "peer-blocker" and restart your Router.

Please be aware that we do not recommend to turn off firewall or your internet security completely.

For all those not sure how to set up exceptions for their firewall or internet security software please refer to following pages when using the Windows built-in firewall:

Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows XP

(Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content of other websites.)

When you are using a 3rd party software or Internet security software with built-in firewall please refer to the manual you have received with your software package. When you don't have a manual you have to visit the website of your software developer.

Also make sure you have only one firewall working at the same time. Never use a firewall delivered with your internet security software package together with your windows firewall - turn one of them off.

Don't use a proxy - it may interfere with the communication between your client and our servers. When you are on a public network like on the campus of an university or a hotel you have to contact the network administrator because they may block some ports used for server communication.

We also recommend that you turn off any software you are not using as long as you play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Retsu
01.20.2012 , 02:14 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by A4-I4 View Post
Greetings All,

Please notice that this issue could be caused by your firewall.

Once you have waited at least 3 minutes on the server page and checked that the list has not updated, please remove and re-add "swtor.exe" to the list of exceptions of your firewall, disable any programs similar to "peer-blocker" and restart your Router.

Please be aware that we do not recommend to turn off firewall or your internet security completely.

For all those not sure how to set up exceptions for their firewall or internet security software please refer to following pages when using the Windows built-in firewall:

Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows XP

(Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content of other websites.)

When you are using a 3rd party software or Internet security software with built-in firewall please refer to the manual you have received with your software package. When you don't have a manual you have to visit the website of your software developer.

Also make sure you have only one firewall working at the same time. Never use a firewall delivered with your internet security software package together with your windows firewall - turn one of them off.

Don't use a proxy - it may interfere with the communication between your client and our servers. When you are on a public network like on the campus of an university or a hotel you have to contact the network administrator because they may block some ports used for server communication.

We also recommend that you turn off any software you are not using as long as you play Star Wars: The Old Republic.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and Thank You for playing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™
Thanks for the response. This does not fix the problem, however. I run McAfee, it controls my firewall and is the only one running.

My issue is that I get booted back to the server screen and get the 4001 error. But I still see all the servers. They are all still populated, I just keep getting booted back to the list after 30 minutes saying that I cannot retrieve server list. I'm ON my server playing the game and get booted back stating that the server list cannot be retrieved.

Next suggestion?