Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

loctavius
10.21.2012 , 09:06 PM | #611
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Pappy View Post
Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.
I'm 45. Former Army, disabled combat vet, used to be a computer network engineer. Now I teach middle school science. My guild is filled with folks younger than me, but most of them are pretty mature.
CE pre-order obtained, and my brother-in-law is jealous.

Jarroth
10.22.2012 , 08:21 AM | #612
48 and Captain/Medic with Fire/Rescue. Have played MMOs since UO and still havin fun.

tanktest
10.23.2012 , 11:51 PM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by QDMcGraw View Post
I have tour shirts older than the vast majority of the player base. This is not a joke or exaggeration, I STILL have a tour Jersey for Megadeth from a little club from their 1983/84 tour. It's ragged, it's thread bare, dang near see through it's so thin now, and, no it doesn't fit anymore, but I still have it in a frame on my wall in my gaming room.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.
I per date 8 tracks lol .... I rember as a kid when the first 8 tracks players started coming out ... rock bands i rember as far as 1965 lol

I rember in high school palying a Deep purple album the 8 track players ate it ... I rember that well ....

FFsimold
10.24.2012 , 12:01 AM | #614
I'm 31 year old male.Former U.S. marine and now work in early child education.

greyladydeux
10.31.2012 , 01:33 PM | #615
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Pappy View Post
Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.
I work primarily with twenty-somethings. They would be surprised indeed to learn how much time I spend on SWTOR. My thirty year old daughter wanted to meet my husband and me for dinner a few Saturdays ago. I said sure, as long as I can get home before raid time. Her response was, "You raid??? OMG my mother is a raider!!"

SWTOR is my first MMO and I absolutely love it. I found a guild that caters to mature gamers on The Shadowlands. It's been a blast to run with others my age.

I am 54. I have a BS in mathematics and write math online.

bahdasz
11.01.2012 , 12:23 AM | #616
I saw Star Wars the first time in a drive-in, I was nine and the movie had been out a week. Most of the clownshoes that work for me don't even know what a drive-in is.

Darkmagister
11.03.2012 , 08:35 AM | #617
40 years old and work at Honda, and i have been a fan of Star wars since it came out in theaters in 77.

zeroonyx
11.03.2012 , 02:29 PM | #618
47 self employed IT guy...Saw the original Star Wars opening night and then proceeded to see it over 50 more times. played kotor 1 & 2 SEVERAL times through was actually disappointed that TOR was going mmo so I avoided it until the collectors edition was a stupid cheap price and could resist the pull of the force no longer..still mostly play solo

DragooGC
11.04.2012 , 12:33 AM | #619
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I saw Star Wars the first time in a drive-in, I was nine and the movie had been out a week. Most of the clownshoes that work for me don't even know what a drive-in is.
that was the same for me. I was in the back of my dad's pickup truck sitting on a bean bag eating popcorn.
<No Fear Dojo> Sith Empire <Galactic Council> Republic Dreamweave-Operative HealerDragoe-Shadow Tank(Shadowlands)
THERE IS NO FEAR IN THIS DOJO!!http://youtu.be/w3XH3EhOkHM

greyladydeux
11.04.2012 , 07:28 AM | #620
Quote: Originally Posted by zeroonyx View Post
47 self employed IT guy...Saw the original Star Wars opening night and then proceeded to see it over 50 more times. played kotor 1 & 2 SEVERAL times through was actually disappointed that TOR was going mmo so I avoided it until the collectors edition was a stupid cheap price and could resist the pull of the force no longer..still mostly play solo
I felt exactly the same way, no way was I going to play an MMO! My son talked me into at least trying the game. I was so surprised at how much I enjoyed the social aspect of the game. It is incredible how much more fun the game has been for me when playing with others. I rarely do anything solo anymore.

Xay