Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Sauska
06.18.2012 , 03:41 AM | #501
Quote: Originally Posted by symke View Post
I am currently on Tomb of Freedon Nadd and was wondering if there is a guild for us, older people? It would be a blast to socialize with like minded peronalities.
That I'd like to know too!
The Borealis Legacy

Summjedi
06.18.2012 , 11:55 AM | #502
So...if Sith Wyrm is being offered a transfer to Corellian Run, I got to ask, is Older Republic/Empire transferring? I'm asking because my family (real life, not just legacy) is on Thana Vesh, and we've been offered Corellian Run as well.

"In my youth, I argued that algebra was useless after college. Then I became a programmer. This is proof that I, in fact, did NOT have all the answers back then, either."

kevlarto
06.18.2012 , 12:52 PM | #503
54 here, CompTIA, Microsoft, IT bootcamp instructor, and Enterprise Admin 2008R2.

Was hooked on Star Wars, when I seen A New Hope, at the drive in, in 1977, our little town did not have a walk in movie at the time, I have played games and owned a computer since the TRS 80, Level 1, and the best gaming comuter of it's time the C64. I used to burn the quarters at the video arcade. 1983 the Star Wars arcade game, where you made the run on the death star, I funded Geoge Lucas's projects I spent so much on that game..LOL
Think I have played every Star wars game ever released, I enjoy my time here in TOR.
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

JaeOnasi
06.18.2012 , 02:43 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Summjedi View Post
So...if Sith Wyrm is being offered a transfer to Corellian Run, I got to ask, is Older Republic/Empire transferring? I'm asking because my family (real life, not just legacy) is on Thana Vesh, and we've been offered Corellian Run as well.

"In my youth, I argued that algebra was useless after college. Then I became a programmer. This is proof that I, in fact, did NOT have all the answers back then, either."
Older Republic and Older Empire will indeed be moving to Corellian Run. We are in the process of setting up our guilds there as I write this. I am looking forward to gaming with even more 'seasoned' gamers! If you want to join us, just click the link in my signature and it will take you to our guild forum site. We should have an older channel set up in game. If you type /cjoin Older and hit enter, we will be able to chat. It may take a week or two to fully transfer over, however.
Staff Writer for TORWars.com My blog: Confessions of a Geeky Mom

Our Guild: The Older Republic on The Shadowlands because Older People definitely know how to have more fun!

DarkDunc
06.18.2012 , 04:02 PM | #505
53 retired from AT&T

HiltoftheDragon
06.18.2012 , 04:16 PM | #506
Im 45 and i work at a sheet metal fabrication shop.....i know, no IT job there but ive been at my work for 20 years 2 months ago and i make very good money doing it. I have a 24 year old daughter and i have 2 beautiful grandkids. Ive been married and divorced twice from the same house.....lol, yea i got to keep all my stuff twice....how many people can say that lol.

My guild on dreshdea cantina got burned out and we all quit. I just resubbed so it seems i cannot let TOR go as i thought i could. Now im in alt-making-hell. :P
The Starkillerz Legacy
Creedess - 55 Assassin * Adea - 55 Marauder * Noliana - 55 Mercenary
Serinety - 55 Operative

Dakotafett
06.18.2012 , 04:22 PM | #507
47 married with children, own my own business. Love playing this game, very addictive. I play as long as I can before I get wife aggro

DarthClem
06.18.2012 , 05:24 PM | #508
I'm "only" 44 and am a senior professional at Fortune 10 company. I've been gaming since Pong and been a Star Wars fan since I saw the original in theaters at age 9. My love of both gaming and Star Wars is shared with my 12 year old son and we love playing SWTOR together (and Diablo III, and Xbox360)

Sadly, the first guild we were in died off and the guild we are currently in, while there are a lot of good folks, is a little more hardcore (both in terms of gameplay and language) than suits us. My boy is not your typical "Timmy" -- he's quite mature for his age, is great at following instructions on raids, and has an extensive knowledge of both SWTOR and the Star Wars Universe. However, I just don't feel that our guild's demographic is a good fit for him (and thus for me as well).

We might look at the server transfer as an opportunity to find a new guild. So if anyone is aware of an Imperial guild on The Harbinger that would be a good fit for a father / son team, let me know.

Ghira
06.18.2012 , 10:10 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthClem View Post
. So if anyone is aware of an Imperial guild on The Harbinger that would be a good fit for a father / son team, let me know.
53, IT pro, female, and guild leader of Dragon Snacks, an imperial guild in the process of moving to The Harbinger from Jekk'Jekk Tarr. Casual raid guild with enforced PG-13 public chat channels. Supervised kids are welcome.
Ghira
Mistress of Getting Lost, Confounding Raid Members, and General Befuddlement

Blackardin
06.18.2012 , 11:13 PM | #510
For those who've come to, Corellian Run, Ludicrous speed is a guild of mature folks that we are, as of today, in the process of rebuilding. We are laid back raiders that do it for the fun times with friends. Still raiding but are looking for more people.

If you are looking.

http://ludicrousspeed.guildlaunch.co...php?gid=216993

And welcome to the server. ;p
May the Schwartz be with you....