Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Grandpappy
01.18.2012 , 12:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by HarisonFjord View Post
Oh and as a lawyer...of course I play a Sith.
Am I surprised
Inside video from Bioware's PVP development dept working on the next patch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3tuL_DVsE

HarisonFjord
01.18.2012 , 12:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRaneDeer View Post
Tough to talk about though, because of the opinions that people can have. I do find it is more accepted these days. I'm guilded up with some RL friends in the same age group. Some professers, astro physicists, IT guys like me...etc..
Agreed. It's a weak analogy but i am just not ready to "come out" as a gamer at work.

Vydor_HC
01.18.2012 , 12:38 PM | #23
43 Software Developer

Get off my lawn!!!

CelestrialFox
01.18.2012 , 12:38 PM | #24
Just realized I never added to the post, I am 23 employed at beef plant. I plan to own it in a year >

QDMcGraw
01.18.2012 , 12:38 PM | #25
I have tour shirts older than the vast majority of the player base. This is not a joke or exaggeration, I STILL have a tour Jersey for Megadeth from a little club from their 1983/84 tour. It's ragged, it's thread bare, dang near see through it's so thin now, and, no it doesn't fit anymore, but I still have it in a frame on my wall in my gaming room.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.

MrTijger
01.18.2012 , 12:40 PM | #26
47, playing the game with my wife and enjoying the game! IT Consultant so gaming is pretty much the norm where I work.

Tepav
01.18.2012 , 12:40 PM | #27
50 year old business systems architect for a large software company. Been playing MMOs since AC came out in '99 and have played most of them. My wife and I both play, in fact we met 8 years ago playing an MMO.
Tepav - Geezer Gamer, MMO Veteran of most of the biggies.

Goroxx
01.18.2012 , 12:41 PM | #28
43 here, so a little shy of the club, but still consider myself part of the demographic anyway. Head of IT for my agency. Here's to the geriatric players!

Nothing wrong with our chosen hobby; I've been videogaming since the Pong days and will be until they pry the keyboard outta my cold dead hands. I think the days of "video games are for kids" are long dead.

I would love to find a large guild of middle-aged casual SWTOR players like the one I was in in the early WoW days. Hopefully, changes to the forums next week will make it easier; right now its a confusing mess.

ioane
01.18.2012 , 12:41 PM | #29
45 years old and Military

Master-Pappy
01.18.2012 , 12:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by QDMcGraw View Post
I have tour shirts older than the vast majority of the player base. This is not a joke or exaggeration, I STILL have a tour Jersey for Megadeth from a little club from their 1983/84 tour. It's ragged, it's thread bare, dang near see through it's so thin now, and, no it doesn't fit anymore, but I still have it in a frame on my wall in my gaming room.

I predate home computers. I predate console systems. I predate CDROM games and CD's. I predate Cartridge games. I predate VHS. I dang near predate Cassettes and 8 Tracks. Most the people here won't know what an 8 track is since Wiki is down for the day, and definitely won't know why they sucked as a medium for music.
It would take someone in this club to decipher your forum name. I loved Quick Draw McGraw and his side-kick Babaluie!