Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AidenPryde
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #81
Bioware..... HOW could you NOT see this coming.

It's so obvious even a blind man could see it. You have more data about faction population than we do and you didn't see it.

My guild has been discussing this for a week now and we all predicted this would happen. How did you not also come to the same conclusion?
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through Power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Skaav
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #82
what is there to be investigated?

lesrawr
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Mitheril View Post
+1

Bioware, there is nothing wrong with saying..."Yeah, we messed uo, and we're trying to fix it."

In this case honesty goes a lot further than damage control.
I can only agree here, they messed it up really bad and all we get is "potential" marketing crap.

Tion_Medon
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #84
So I'd give BW about 2-3 hours to fix this ilum problem or they may have just ruined this game with the introduction of the FIRST FREAKING PATCH!!!!!!!!!!

Riddickcz
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #85
Your ignorance is really amazing me.
I mean what are You guys playing at?

First You write this, insulting our intelligence:
Quote: Originally Posted by Bioware View Post
Hello everyone! Because we care about ensuring that Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ provides you with a consistent and quality game play experience, we will be postponing weekly maintenance this week. Downtime was originally scheduled for Tuesday, January 17th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) to 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET) and will now occur at a later date due to issues requiring additional testing that have been discovered with the Game Update 1.1 content on the Public Test Server.
And then two days later You apply patch that apparently has been tested (I WONNA KNOW BY WHOM!), or ofc you wouldnt go live with it...and Im telling you that if ONE PERSON tested this, and he had at least some decent IQ, he would have told you in 5 seconds that this is just plain joke.

So please, get Your stuff together and come up with plan. Something to renew hope and trust from Your customers or this will be hell of a quick ride down.
The crazy is strong with this one.
http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/f744bd09b5be85fa.png

SmokinBuda
01.18.2012 , 12:18 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.
"Potential Issues" are you kidding me?

DadadadaBATMAN
01.18.2012 , 12:19 PM | #87
This is some real Bush League BS.

Fix - Immediate, 10 hour roll-back on Valor. Lock Ilum until you can hotfix it later. Redesign PvP to assign players to the least populated team, or introduce x-server PvP and make Imps wait in queues.

seanisawake
01.18.2012 , 12:19 PM | #88
Yay! A response! ....

Now rollback all the Valor, fix this patch and fire half your dev team.. Call GC and save him from the terrors of Activision and you might finally have a decent MMO.
Jedi Sentinel -
Been a long year but the best is yet to come.

Wolfury
01.18.2012 , 12:19 PM | #89
I feel not only do they need to fix and balance it, but they need to compensate us for all the moral drop, valor loss, and overall time wasted with this.
For Hope, For Freedom, For the Republic!

Exilim
01.18.2012 , 12:19 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Ban the exploiters muwahahahahahaahah go go go
It would fix the faction imbalances...
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running