Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kainsec
01.18.2012 , 01:06 PM | #501
So not in favor of bannings that would be stupid bc it's the patches fault.

It will annoy me but I can accept valor rollback even though this has not been a problem yet on my server, though I am sure it will soon enough.

I would agree that illum should be taken offline soon until something is done either way.
level 50 Sith Assassin
level 50 Mara
Member of Shadow Empire

Yourfacehi
01.18.2012 , 01:06 PM | #502
Glad I put in 5+ hours a day of PVP for the past month. Thanks for making that a worthless piece of crap.

Harabek
01.18.2012 , 01:06 PM | #503
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9164/ilum1j.jpg
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/5666/ilum2.jpg

Those and the fact that newly dinged lvl 50 Imps are now Valor rank 65+ already says it all.

How is it possible that no one at Bioware was able to foresee those problems ? I know that you cant control (at least not directly) which side players want to play, but for starters you could have made sure that those sides are really equal.

It feels like you started the development on the Imp Side and ran out of time to make it to the release. The Rep Station has Imp Flag reflections on the floor... Come on.

Same faction PvP was a nice idea, but by doing that you took out the main reason for people to switch sides. Not only do they gear as fast as the weaker side, with 1.1 you even made sure they gear faster. Your game fails to deliver on the PvE side, the only fun part left was PvP. And with that sorry excuse for a patch you ruined that as well.

With all the PvP drama you didn't even get feedback on the rest of 1.1 yet... The performance is worse than before, but now i even get random loading screens in between.

I canceled my sub, and will gladly be back when you FIXED the 1.1 Problem. If you have the balls to Rollback and undo the damage im in again. But somehow i don't think that will happen.

Drengir
01.18.2012 , 01:06 PM | #504
Quote: Originally Posted by Wigglesworth View Post
So, to all the cry babies out there that they have not fixed this.

How long have the servers been up with this patch? It takes time to isolate the parts of the patch that is causing this and then implement a fix. Patience is a virtue, a virtue that most of you do not have.
Also, until this is fixed, just don't play PvP on Ilum. Problem solved until an actual fix is implemented by bioware.
I agree there should be a rollback due to the huge exploits that are being done. But, many are calling for a faction balance. Bioware is not responsible for people wanting to play Empire. Get over it. It's the same thing that originally happened in World of Warcraft. There was a huge faction issue but it eventually fixed itself with server transfers and what not.
The game is not even a month old and this is Bioware's first MMO. You have to give it time so that problems can come to light and then be fixed. If you remember, this same thing happened back in WoW.

I, for one, am sticking with this game for a while. Something as minor as this when you look at the big picture is not enough to cancel a subscription. All the crybabies and whiners can go back to WoW and prepare for their world of pandacraft and go out and catch all the pokemon for the next expansion.
I dont complain about it not being fixed yet ,I complain about the servers/Ilum still being up and kept exploited! Is it really that hard to realise that you have ****ed up and shut the servers down?

The only ones who will be found complaining then are the tards that enjoyed the exploit. And do we care about their opinions? No sir, we do not.

adrenalinee
01.18.2012 , 01:06 PM | #505
Maybe corporate really needs to read this. This is literally gamebreaking. They are really crapping 300 mil down the drain. If it isn't fixed soon, the game will never be what it once promised, and looked so promising, to be.

TCFinwe
01.18.2012 , 01:07 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

I would like to congratulate you for making WARhammer part 2. I thought that was impossible to make to see such bad game performance and design with hard LAG spikes and fps drops to 0 in pvp zones or any zone that has over 150 players. Not to mention you had couple of great MMO-s in past to learn from their mistakes and assuring those same mistakes wont happen in currently n1. brand new MMO game in the world. But dont worry, we all gonna roll alts and watch such beautiful cut scenes from every class in the game, then stop playing as we watched every great movie there is to see in this game.

Job well done kind sir
The Committee

kinka
01.18.2012 , 01:07 PM | #507
Any updates?

Bonescythe
01.18.2012 , 01:07 PM | #508
Quote:
This first Game Update will show everyone how serious we are about expanding Star Wars: The Old Republic, and there’s much more to come. We have another major update planned for March and future content arriving throughout 2012 and 2013.

(Written by James Ohlen Game Director)
Haha oke...this was the funniest thing ive read so far today! We can see how serious you are...with messing this game up...And really, more content ? I don't think you will have enough subs by the time you reach your next content patch. Cause you can not afford it anymore by that time. IF you do not roll back the servers.

Katzuki
01.18.2012 , 01:07 PM | #509
Take it down, burn it in fire and no, not just Ilum the whole freakin' game, it's not done yet, i don't like my MMO's raw, i like them at least medium done!

Pistols
01.18.2012 , 01:07 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by Wefi View Post
SOE would never have done this, they would have ignored pvp, and add in Gungan love fest... and give jedi a rainbow crystal.
This is true lol. Although, whenever they tried to do anything PvP related, they always failed.