Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tigerico
01.18.2012 , 12:10 PM | #21
I think this is pretty close to a suicide for BioWare, even if they do take action.

There were plenty of disappointed people that have been raging about super annoying game bugs since the game came out. NOW even the calmest gamer 'Joe' is raging and everyone else quitting...

It will be interesting to see what happens next, and what step BW takes, as it will likely decide the game's destiny.

Why?

1) Imps will keep farming/destroying Reps.
2) Reps will quit or roll Imps.
3) Imps will be the only faction on most servers.
4) Imps will get bored and game will die.

bicuspid
01.18.2012 , 12:10 PM | #22
seriously? you're "investigating" "potential" issues? that should have been where you were at 3 weeks ago when you announced the stupid changes and we all said its not going to work. though granted, none of us foresaw that infinite valor from turrets would be an issue (so good job on screwing up so royally there)

at this point my faith in your pvp designers is lower than the number of republic on ilum.

Bankars
01.18.2012 , 12:10 PM | #23
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2...h11awesome.png

last 1h 30min on ilum has been a blast!

Chaosmagistrate
01.18.2012 , 12:10 PM | #24
Seriously?

Four hours for a generic PR response?

Man, how did you guys go from Baldur's Gate 2 to Mass Effect to Dragon Age 2 to this.

I am praying that ME3 can redeem you guys. And I did forgive you guys for Jade Empire, just so you know.

Auxili
01.18.2012 , 12:11 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.
PLEASE read the threads in my sig. You guys have to start taking faction balance more seriously. That's all there is to say.
Important Discussions: Republic Ghosttown | Future of the Republic | Use Our Community Feedback
We will remember. 1.1

Rophez
01.18.2012 , 12:12 PM | #26
My question is simple: Don't you guys talk to the Mythic employees you have on staff? Did all the guys who designed DAOC leave?

How can you make such glaring mistakes?
Bioware - Please stop advertising with high resolution textures if they are impossible to implement in the retail client.

Flaashheart
01.18.2012 , 12:12 PM | #27
I can't wait to see the Bioware response to this.... I can't stop laughing.

Exoteis
01.18.2012 , 12:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfury View Post
50+ vs 12... Only concern is killing... Other side farming us for insane Valor boosts.... absolutely horrible... They managed to make Illum worse. Not only can we not get our daily/weekly done, they are going to max their valor, getting better gear with which to stomp us harder... Thanks for nothing...
+1
Republic is doomed : 18/01/2012.

JefferyClark
01.18.2012 , 12:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Bankars View Post
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2...h11awesome.png

last 1h 30min on ilum has been a blast!
Yep, all the spam lightning your graphics card can handle!

Rhinoplat
01.18.2012 , 12:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.
Start by stopping faction vs faction fights. If you know a faction is unbalanced creating a system that caters to that imbalance is not a good idea.

Then you take the extra step to allow guilds to fight one another instead of factions. Guilds will help police population imbalances. Look at games like EvE instead of WoW. EvE has 4 factions for PvE, but for PvP it is all about the corps/alliances.

If you want to create epic PvP, then start by going down the EvE or Shadowbane route.

My suggestion for the current state of Ilum is to close the zone as others have suggested. Don't allow this catastrophe to continue. I play an Imperial character and realize this is just too unfair. But as I've said before PvP players are like water and will choose the path of least resistance.