Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DKChef
01.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #201
Use mythic they actually know what they are doing.

Vodrin
01.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by ReRuined View Post
Rollback valor now or a lot us that legitimately grinded battlemaster will be leaving.
Look, I understand folks being upset about the exploit, but why would someone who already has battlemaster quit? The people that really should be upset about this are republics just hitting 50 who are going to get destroyed by all the instant T3's. If you already (legitimately) have your battlemaster gear, then you are set. Just stick to warzones and enjoy.

slovakiaman
01.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
unsubbed.

I dont trust you idiots with my cash.

GW2 cant come fast enough.
This.

StefenEQ
01.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #204
It took a full week of grinding warzones to get my battlemaster title.

The patch today is allowing no-skill-zergs to achieve the same rank in a few hours.

Rollback all valor gains today or lose my subscription.

MrIrrelevant
01.18.2012 , 12:29 PM | #205
Turrets giving Valor is obviously a huge screw up on BW part, but honestly other than that, what can be done?

Every wants OWPvP to mean something and/or award you, search thru the forums at all the people begging for it prior to 1.1. Problem is someone will always find the cheapest and easiest way to do something, and there's nothing BW can do about it.

What they need to do is have some of these shady/clever/whatever individuals to test things before they are released as opposed to kiss asses or fanbois. Because they will play the content as it is intended to be played, and will notice it is quite fun, when everyone is playing it that way, unfortunately that will never be the case.

Slowne
01.18.2012 , 12:30 PM | #206
I have zero faith in BioWare now.

This is just shocking, how that hell can you not know this was going to happen? The apparent lack of insight into your own game leaves me feeling like you should have maybe not wasted the 300mil to build this.

There clearly needs to be more internal testing and if what people are saying is true "listen" to the public testers.

Oh well, at this point whatever half *** fix you come up with just bust something else.
Fan of Staggered EGA

Berezo
01.18.2012 , 12:30 PM | #207
This is a mess shut the servers down bioware now!!! We need action. stop sitting there on your hands! Hotifix this and rollback this crap! Shut it off now!!!!!
Squad 367 Member

Choppinrockz
01.18.2012 , 12:30 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:
  • No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.
lol? Seriously. You are *****ting your pants right about now...

Riktors
01.18.2012 , 12:30 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by Orduno View Post
Faction imbalance on many servers warrants some manner of spawn protection to eliminate farming - or at least eliminate the inability to leave the zone without queuing for a WZ and then dropping out of that warzone.

Farming turrets is pretty much replacing one non-pvp farm fest with another.
With the exception that the protection will get used to play hide and seek games with the guards, no matter what is done, something will be bad and exploitable. Unfortunately, neither system works perfectly, but anything will work better than the current state of things.

I want to crush Repulic players, but I want their to be Republic players to crush
My Armor is Contempt, My Shield is Disgust, My Sword is Hatred
In the Emperor's Name, let None Survive!

~~~PLAGUE~~~

bikikoki
01.18.2012 , 12:30 PM | #210
Anyone valor 100 yet?
.... Don't you see Bio? Shut down the servers or something, this is madness