Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BombaLuigi
01.18.2012 , 12:07 PM | #11
"investigating potential issues"... sure :F

TItanten
01.18.2012 , 12:07 PM | #12
Ban everyone exploiting the turrets. Remove their valor from today. And fire the damn pvp devs...

SWImara
01.18.2012 , 12:08 PM | #13
I'm sure it's pretty clear at a glance from the forums what questions/issues people are looking to have answered. Can we/should we expect a rollback today or in the near future to address valor gained by farming NPC turrets?

PvP = Player vs. Player
PvP != Player vs. NPC

Why aren't there diminishing returns on player kills... let alone on NPC kills. How did this slip by?

Callsign_Bishop
01.18.2012 , 12:08 PM | #14
A few of my main concerns with Ilum, given the focus was on encouraging actual PvP:
  • Why give Valor for non-player kills at all?
  • Why create a system that, even if the existing turret issue were not present, effectively locks the minority faction out of Ilum?
  • Why give Valor for killing players who would give no exp if they were NPCs?
  • Why allow low level players into Ilum in the first place? Why not have the shuttle NPC tell them they aren't cleared to visit the planet?

I've canceled my sub, pending a rollback. Bioware has been good about communicating issues prior to this, but this is a serious red flag. The patch was delayed specifically to address issues with Ilum, so I'm disappointed that something of this magnitude made it through. I'd like to know that the company is willing and able to execute a quick and clean rollback when the need arises.

Superpescado
01.18.2012 , 12:08 PM | #15
What ideas are being thrown around to fix this?

Has the idea of server rollbacks been discussed?

If server rollbacks are not implemented what plans are being discussed to handle the valor imbalance this will cause on most servers?

Is it possible to get an ETA on a fix?

klogd
01.18.2012 , 12:09 PM | #16
You need to do a quick fix and add some defense to the republic (and imperial I guess) bases. People are getting spawn camped there while imperials are farming honor.

Just get it fixed quickly (make the base cannons extremely overpowered) so the bases can't be camped

lesrawr
01.18.2012 , 12:09 PM | #17
Stop the marketing crap, tell us
what you plan to change the worse scaling of your game client and when.

I would not even care about imbalance between imperial and republic players aslong as this slideshow continues.

Wolfury
01.18.2012 , 12:09 PM | #18
50+ vs 12... Only concern is killing... Other side farming us for insane Valor boosts.... absolutely horrible... They managed to make Illum worse. Not only can we not get our daily/weekly done, they are going to max their valor, getting better gear with which to stomp us harder... Thanks for nothing...
For Hope, For Freedom, For the Republic!

Victrixz
01.18.2012 , 12:09 PM | #19
This is a legitimate question

What is the average IQ for the devs who worked on this "fix" for Ilum?

How could they not see this coming.. Do they check the feedback from the test server?
I found multiple threads pointing this issue out, Yet they went live with it

Once again.. What is the average IQ for the devs who worked on the "new" ilum!

And yes

I am furious and I'm entitled to it
[COLOR="Red"]Bioware is a total FAILURE with patch 1.1 GG ILUM

Okinky
01.18.2012 , 12:09 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TItanten View Post
Ban everyone exploiting the turrets. Remove their valor from today. And fire the damn pvp devs...
Why remove the valor if they are banned?
So many ways to analogize that to make it seem even more stupid, but I think it is fine as is.