Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

biowareftw
01.18.2012 , 12:22 PM | #121
Dear Bioware/EA.

This patch not only broke pvp. It broke PVE as well. You were going to have future pvp tiered sets with valor correct?

That is now broken. Empire guilds with ranks higher then 60's will have weapons as good as raiding weapons that take weeks or months of slow progression to achieve.

It simply broke pve.

It also broke pvp. When people achieved in a few hours what took weeks of grinding to achieve? We are done.

Many of us knew Republic would be outnumbered. We accepted that. We decided to help this company out and roll pvp guilds as republic so the game didn't fail.

This is the ultimate slap in the face though.

Let me put this simply. If valor isn't reverted and this entire idea of a zerged faction being rewarded?

Account cancelled. The game was literally broken for pve and pve in a few hours. A revert is the ONLY solution. The damage is already done. Your decision will have an impact on whether I cancel my account tonight.

I have put up with a horrible econonomy, having to play with level 10's on my team in warzones against level 50's (I can only queue with 3 people). I have put up with cooldowns like flash grenade having a higher cooldown (30 seconds longer) then flash bang on my class (scoundrel).

This is the last straw though. All my friends will be cancelling as well. They are not going to play a game where they are already a year behind in valor, because you decided not to roll back valor and reward people standing around pressing one spell on people who are outnumbered 100 to 1.

Ball is in your court.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

HeXiF
01.18.2012 , 12:22 PM | #122
Bioware, I hope you enjoying losing to guildwars2 and WoW

StingerSplash
01.18.2012 , 12:22 PM | #123
  • Valor should only be able to be earned from killing players. Not objectives, not turrets or anything else you can farm.
  • You need to take into account open world PVP and stop treating Illum like a giant war zone. DAOC had the best approach to open world PVP in any game I've played other than Ultima Online.
  • You need real bases and real objectives. Player housing and player ran bases would really help escalate open world PVP.
  • You need to activate experience gains for under-populated factions. If you keep creating things that tip their hat to the side with the most populated people then you will ruin this game without a doubt.

Heed everyones warnings or you will end up like Netflix. I do not want to get the "Come try SWTOR again for free" emails for the next 2 years before you go out of business.

JohraTon
01.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #124
Don't flag players inside their base. Wait till they stray outside. Players are stuck in their base by the med bots currently.

Rollback valor to pre patch values Way too much and the turrets are giving it. What the hell? Its a stat for PvP not for killing a PVE enemy.

Remove the turrets no more grinding them and players who flag outside can't then hide by them when they're chased. P.S. DON'T BE RETARDED AND REMOVE THESE WITHOUT FIRST REMOVING THE AUTO FLAG INSIDE BASES

Fire your beta testers they're totally useless and this is the latest in a long line of faults which testing should have picked up.

Allow faction changes Faction balance is the main problem and no way in hell am I switching to Republic and having to grind all my gear/valor again

Block the PvP Zone on Ilum with immediate effect All players currently there, warp them back to their respective fleets or landing zones. Block the area until you've sorted it.

While you sit around looking for solutions, the problem is getting worse. I want republic players to keep playing. I hate Huttball.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

JackalDark
01.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by seanisawake View Post
Yay! A response! ....

Now rollback all the Valor, fix this patch and fire half your dev team.. Call GC and save him from the terrors of Activision and you might finally have a decent MMO.
GC is the worst thing to have ever happened to Wow.

You lose all credibility.

WildBil
01.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #126
The folks clamoring for a rollback are correct. Ilum needs to be shutdown and all Valor gains for today need to be erased.

Not doing this will only fuel the "Dev's prefer the Imperials" fire.

Since I doubt that you can differentiate between Valor gained in Warzones and Valor gained in Ilum the eventual rollback will infuriate everyone on the Imperial side and only incite more complaints.

This is an embarrassing moment for the game and needs to be handled quickly.

MAJ Wyndinn Maer
Antarian Ranger League
SWG Ranger | SWTOR Trooper

--Grim--
01.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #127
SWTOR is a PvE game.

SWTOR's PvP will always suck because it isn't designed for PvP and the problems are fundementally unfixable.

Kidkidd
01.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #128
Battlemaster Win Loss - 50 Sage
Valor Rank 60
Mind Trick

Drengir
01.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by adrenalinee View Post
Just so you guys know for future reference: if you want to BALANCE the factions, be sure to NOT reward the bigger faction for being bigger. Maybe a little bonus to the smaller faction that isn't gamechanging would help.
Or simply add some control to their OWPvP! I have never seen a OWPvP this uncontrolled and horrible in my 13 years of playing!

How the hell can you expect OWPvP to be balanced without any measure of control from the server, when the population rations are 1:2-1:4!?

inseeisyou
01.18.2012 , 12:23 PM | #130
*POTENTIAL* Problems?

I wonder... do they actually believe this themselves, or are they just trying to perform damage control?

Let me help you your wording..

"WOW! We screwed this one up, BIG TIME! The servers are currently being taken down, and we hope to have a hot fix in place within a few hours."
BoycottEA.com
Because enough is enough!