Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Any tricks to RE'ing?

Kethirus
01.18.2012 , 02:36 PM | #11
Remove all expectations for success; you will be less disappointed when you get useless recipes after hours of crafting.

KapitanAwesome
01.20.2012 , 03:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nurf View Post
Sometimes you are just unlucky, but every dog has his day. I just logged into the forums to see about the "no missions defined" error, seeing if RE'ng was bugged, because I've had no luck at all today even getting green > blue. When I tabbed back to game, I RE'd the same blue I've been doing for a few days, and wouldn't you know it....there's my purple.

So, the RE system is kinda crappy, but this purple is really nice. It kinda sucks that it takes so many resources to get your purple sometimes, but I guess it makes finally getting it that much more rewarding. I don't even want to think about how many credits I spent trying to make it though.
Maybe you get a +2 to Reverse Engineering Criticals when you're logged into the forum!!!

KapitanAwesome
01.20.2012 , 03:27 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I usually RE around 20 armor at once. Not because I think it helps my chances with one schem but because when I hit a purple schem I will usually hit another one quickly. Seems like the RNG will hit a run and you want to have other pieces to RE for the run.
Aha! So I did notice the same thing too, and I'm not just crazy.

LPwookie
01.20.2012 , 03:41 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by theothersteve View Post
Here's one trick. Harvest your materials by day, and queue up sets of five blues at night. Five blue items will craft while you sleep, reducing your crew's downtime considerably.
Or make multiple characters and have an army of crafter so you can take care of all your needs. This can be a major pain, but I have fun leveling the differnt characters with the different specializations.

LPwookie
01.20.2012 , 03:42 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by theothersteve View Post
Here's one trick. Harvest your materials by day, and queue up sets of five blues at night. Five blue items will craft while you sleep, reducing your crew's downtime considerably.
Or make multiple characters and have an army of crafter so you can take care of all your needs. This can be a major pain, but I have fun leveling the differnt characters with the different specializations. Once you get to level 25 you have 3 characters and they can do alot of crafting.