Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakata weapons still useless in 1.1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lostpenguins
02.01.2012 , 10:21 AM | #371
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hi,

This issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch. (Not 1.1.1)

Items already acquired by players will be upgraded automatically to the fixed versions when that happens.
Okay. Now that 1.1.1 has been released can we get an ETA? Every week that goes by is another few guildies with Rakata Weapons sitting in their bags collecting dust. Mine is just giving me a red/black saber atm and the hilt + mods are sitting in my bag.

So... when can this be done?

Trucane
02.01.2012 , 11:08 AM | #372
And this game was supposed to be "the wow killer"? LOL Mr. Kotick was right when all he did was laugh at the coming release of SWTOR, guess he isn't as retarded as many of us like to say since he knew this would happen

HellFlame
02.01.2012 , 11:11 AM | #373
It would be nice to get an update on that =o

There are tokens in some bays that already start to rost.
SW:TOR Endgame

Jedi_Sacia
02.01.2012 , 01:05 PM | #374
This is absolutely inexcusable! The Hardest tier of content should reward players accordingly, not give inferior gear to normal 50 Flashpoints.

I'd like to know how this ever made it passed the QA team and still made it to launch. If the purpose was to ostracize the most dedicated of players it worked completely as planned.

So either the Developers were blatantly incompetent or they intended these weapons to be inferior, as to gate content somehow. Either way. it is a slap in the face to those who put the effort in to receive these items.

The fact that the problem has be acknowledged but no actual timetable has been released for the fix is so FRUSTRATING that I can understand why many hardcore end-game raiders are retiring this game so early due to the bugs and LACK OF COMMUNICATION.

The excuse that "this only affects the minority of the player base" is ridiculous to me as the most vocal of the population is this "minority". Please! give us an update as to when this will be corrected.

Tyxx
02.01.2012 , 02:11 PM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_Sacia View Post
This is absolutely inexcusable! The Hardest tier of content should reward players accordingly, not give inferior gear to normal 50 Flashpoints.

I'd like to know how this ever made it passed the QA team and still made it to launch. If the purpose was to ostracize the most dedicated of players it worked completely as planned.

So either the Developers were blatantly incompetent or they intended these weapons to be inferior, as to gate content somehow. Either way. it is a slap in the face to those who put the effort in to receive these items.

The fact that the problem has be acknowledged but no actual timetable has been released for the fix is so FRUSTRATING that I can understand why many hardcore end-game raiders are retiring this game so early due to the bugs and LACK OF COMMUNICATION.

The excuse that "this only affects the minority of the player base" is ridiculous to me as the most vocal of the population is this "minority". Please! give us an update as to when this will be corrected.
Well said...bro fist to you!

There are 2 posts on this issue. The other post is on page 1 of the "Pubic test realm" section. Both posts combined have over 60,000 views. That alone should be reason enough for a more detailed update with that yellow writing the BIOWARE staff likes to use.

As it stands, PvP weapons are best in slot for both PvP and PvE. Correct me if I'm wrong, but expertise is not a viable PvE stat.

I am a min/max player in any MMO. Having the most shought after PvE weapons broken, for every class, is indeed inexcusable.

Zzues
02.01.2012 , 06:50 PM | #376
Hey still waiting to know when this will be fixed
Zzues
<><><><><><><><><><><>

Trineda
02.01.2012 , 06:54 PM | #377
Hello there,

We saw this thread and thought you might like to know that this issue is mentioned in the new 1.1.2 patch notes.

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - 1.1.2 Patch Notes

General

Rakata weapons are now correctly rating 140 and are fitted with mark 25 modifications. These items were previously less powerful than intended.

Zzues
02.01.2012 , 06:55 PM | #378
Well holy moly, thanks for the reply!
Zzues
<><><><><><><><><><><>

Trineda
02.01.2012 , 06:59 PM | #379
Glad to be of help. The notes just went up and know everyone is anxious to hear about this. Have a great day!

Hizoka
02.01.2012 , 07:06 PM | #380
Bugs happen its the nature of MMOs the issue is the length of time to fix the bugs.

The green glow from comanions heals was a bug for the better part of 8 months. It took 4 months to fix reven to make him stop doing 70k ticks with lightining.

Some bugs need imediate hot fixes others can wait till a patch. Rakata weapons being worst then drops off the ground is something that needs a hotfix. Bosses that spawn unlimited adds like Interogator in D7 needs to be hotfixed.

Gamebreaking changes need hotfixes, emotes while on mounts, can wait years and no-one will care.