Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rakata weapons still useless in 1.1

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kanzel
01.18.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1
Title.

I've been raiding hard mode EV for 3 weeks now and have Rakata weapons that are still rank 126, when they should be rank 140. The mods are level 51 when they should be 58. Sure, they're really cool with their black-red lightsaber crystals, but that doesn't really make up for it.

How have we gone through a major content patch without this being fixed? These are the best PvE weapons currently in the game that I'm aware of, and they're terrible. I should not be forced to PvP to battlemaster for a couple weapons so that I can be more effective in PvE, especially when I've already looted the PvE weapons.

What the hell?

The reply:

Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hi,

This issue will be fixed in an upcoming patch. (Not 1.1.1)

Items already acquired by players will be upgraded automatically to the fixed versions when that happens.
I'd like to thank everyone who posted and helped get the word out.

Alohen
01.18.2012 , 09:28 AM | #2
Yeah they do seem to be taking their sweet time fixing things

1,000 bugs.

20-40 fixes per patch

Its gonna be a looong year

Lacedd
01.18.2012 , 10:02 AM | #3
Please stop fixing useless crap like companions that have 0 effect on endgame and fix Ops, Weapons that are clearly bugged then go after the little crap.

Faith in Bioware is slipping fast for actual fixes that affect players.

Rakata weapon rotting in the bags for weeks now getting really old.....
Did you hear the one about me trying to die?
Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.
Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?
C'est la vie....adiós....good riddance....F*!# you!

Johan_Lore
01.18.2012 , 10:08 AM | #4
I seriously cannot fathom how this didnt get fixed. Guess what Bioware, everyone needs that carrot on the end of the stick. What is it thats going to keep the hardcore guilds raiding when the very thing they're striving for is completely broken and useless? Please hotfix this as soon as possible.

Zzues
01.18.2012 , 10:45 AM | #5
Pretty damn stupid to not fix top end game weapons asap. Bioware, do you know how much effort our raiders go through to get these weapons? I bet more time than it would take you to fix this Rakata weapon error for thousands of players.

Fix it faster, noobs.
Zzues
<><><><><><><><><><><>

Kanzel
01.18.2012 , 10:55 AM | #6
This issue hasn't even been acknowledged in the "Known Issues" thread as of 1/18. So far the only response from Bioware has been the following in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=169598

As you'll notice, it's robotic and has nothing to do with the actual issue. My guild has personally sent in hundreds of bug reports about this issue alone and received no official response.

Berezo
01.18.2012 , 11:08 AM | #7
Major patch released without the most simple of things YET BIG THING TO RAIDERS being addressed. This needs a response asap and we need to know you are working on it bioware.
Squad 367 Member

Zzues
01.18.2012 , 11:22 AM | #8
BIOWARE post about this issue, fixing it soon? Should we keep tokens until its fixed or will our turned in items change automatically? ***!!! This pisses me off because it was a waste of time getting this item, the best item in the game even. Reply, thanks in advance. Keep posting till they freaking notice.
Zzues
<><><><><><><><><><><>

xO_om
01.18.2012 , 12:22 PM | #9
I understand that this issue is likely affecting a very small percentage of the total playerbase, but raiding is all about pouring effort into a rewarding experience.

Keep supporting this thread, this should not be a difficult fix.

And I'm hanging on to my tokens just in case.

Jurugar
01.18.2012 , 12:33 PM | #10
This will become a bigger issue now that nightmare mode soa is in the "killable" range, since right now the only people this effects are classes with weapons in their offhands instead of foci/generators/shields aka sentinels, gunslingers, and potentially scoundrels (not sure if their offhands count as weapons or not i.e. moddable).