Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Item Modification Table

sorlak
01.18.2012 , 08:31 AM | #1
What are these for besides telling you what items can be modified? I noticed in the patch notes that they're adding them to the supplies area of each fleet and thought to myself, okay, who cares?

I've read people say that it reduces the cost and I've tried to see this for myself and it's never reduced the cost for me.

These just don't seem to serve any real purpose, unless I'm just totally missing it.. ?
Val'shen - Shadow - NOT a tank!

WHZeratul
01.18.2012 , 08:37 AM | #2
From what i've been told (keep in mind im rather new to the game myself), is that these tables were needed to modify items in the beta and they stuck around even though you can now do it on the fly, wherever you are.

But yes, the fact they're actually adding them in this patch seems awkward.

Zorpen
01.18.2012 , 08:38 AM | #3
Relics from beta testing.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.

realID
01.18.2012 , 08:40 AM | #4
They are a relic of the past. Why they're being added to some new locations with the patch? I don't know, maybe they've an intern who didn't get the memo?

sorlak
01.18.2012 , 08:40 AM | #5
Yeah, I've heard that as well. A friend of mine who was in the beta for longer than me mentioned that. Maybe they're getting ready to make them useful in some way - I hope. It'd be nice if pulling mods out of old items didn't take me to the cleaners.
Val'shen - Shadow - NOT a tank!

Dasffion
01.18.2012 , 08:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by realID View Post
They are a relic of the past. Why they're being added to some new locations with the patch? I don't know, maybe they've an intern who didn't get the memo?
Or they're adding them in for RP purposes, or they have plans for them in the future.

BebeLeBozo
01.18.2012 , 10:54 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
Or they're adding them in for RP purposes, or they have plans for them in the future.
Personally I think they might be related to the RE tool bug (It dissappears from your inventory window at times). The stations are obsolete but during Beta they were required for item modification. Then they removed the requirement.

Ultima Online requires you to find a blacksmith's anvil to craft armor. SWG required you to have a machine to craft. The modification tables were similar in that they added to the RP experience but were a pain if you wanted to modify your items in the field when you get a great loot drop or reward.