Patch 1.2 Neutral Gear: This Game is Innovative

Latorn

Maybe I should have delayed until tomorrow so that replys wouldn't be from whiners, yet I'm posting this now anyways =P

SWTOR IS innovative it's true, the decision making/alignment system has never been seen in the MMO genre before.

However, as you've said yourself Bioware the alignment rewards are currently broken and its potential has yet to be reached. This game would be so much better if the most innovative feature- alignment -actually mattered. In my honest opinion the content team (not the bug team, or any other team for that matter) should make neutral gear and alignment rewards priority #1, so that the heart of this game is no longer broken. More powerful alignment rewards + neutral gear for patch 1.2! =D

Please make it happen Bioware <3 (should I be speaking about Bioware as a singular entity? lol).

What's everyones stance on this? I'm sure Bioware has an open ear for their community.

EDIT: Read this article if you don't understand.

Edited by Latorn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobs that stand there lifelessly waiting for you to come by and kill them... wow, that's like so innovative!! WoW had moving mobs 7 years ago, but Bioware really built off that and came up with something so impressive...

I never said that was innovative. I mentioned alignment and decision making.

it amuses me that everyone is getting thier back up over the colour of the OP's post rather the content of it

I'd rather not insult anyone's intelligence, but the most likely cause is a lack of reading ability or comprehension.

Or a lack of reading past the title altogether.

Edited by Latorn

not going to whine about the text, its annoying but eh, lets address your idea.

This may be a neat idea, but it should be put way on the back burner. alignment is not nearly as important as all the broken that is in this game. Fix the broken first, then worry about fluff.

There are different teams for content and bug fixes.

There are different teams for content and bug fixes.

True, but they need to focus money and hiring resources on the bug fixing team ;) Further, they should avoid tinkering with game systems since there are bugs, and tinkering with systems will create more bugs.

Make what you have now work first, then add to it.

Consider this:

wether theres good and evil allingment or 1000 milj. different shades of grey, the end result is the same. You are given, not options, but an aim.

In my eyes, the "grey", people are referring to, represents ALL thats left in-between. So, theres no logic in choises he / she makes in general terms or whats the common rule of ethics / moral. The avatar makes a subjective choise that cannot be determined by the game. Would be interesting to see, how that can be rewarded. Or, how can you calculate it.... yes, you can pile up zillion light + zillion dark side points. But what that tells you, or what that entitles your toon to, i'm really eager to see how its implemented.

Mobs that stand there lifelessly waiting for you to come by and kill them... wow, that's like so innovative!! WoW had moving mobs 7 years ago, but Bioware really built off that and came up with something so impressive...

You do realize that mob means "mobile" and that the term is far older than WoW.

It's the American way!

Haha, I don't think Americans have trademarked Democracy yet, I believe us Canadians can still use the word from time to time =P

Then again, from the European perspective, we're basically the same thing XD

i fail to see why neutral items should be considered at all.

do you have to use one evil, one good, one evil, one good decision all the way from 1 to 50? and do you expect a reward for being unable to make a real decision and a real stand for your character?

it's like "i don't want to be evil all the time to buy my wellfare dark V gear, i just want to be neutral and then buy my wellfare gear without having to face the consequences of my evil or good actions".

dunno, but i wouldn't like a reward for doing nothing. how should i be implemented?

"You are done bounty hunter, prepare to die!"

1. No, we can work this out! (+100 Light)

2. Not if I obliterate you first, mongrel! (+100 Dark)

3. Yeah, yeah.. (0 Neutral)

there wouldn't ever be an option worth taking, you could just always be neutral and would be rewarded for it. strange idea!

The alignment system is just an illusion of complexity. The only reason to go light or dark is for a specific speeder. Oh, and if you need a relic, which, imo, is bad design.

Dark side corruption makes you look like a panda too, which is ironic.

i fail to see why neutral items should be considered at all.

do you have to use one evil, one good, one evil, one good decision all the way from 1 to 50? and do you expect a reward for being unable to make a real decision and a real stand for your character?

it's like "i don't want to be evil all the time to buy my wellfare dark V gear, i just want to be neutral and then buy my wellfare gear without having to face the consequences of my evil or good actions".

dunno, but i wouldn't like a reward for doing nothing. how should i be implemented?

"You are done bounty hunter, prepare to die!"

1. No, we can work this out! (+100 Light)

2. Not if I obliterate you first, mongrel! (+100 Dark)

3. Yeah, yeah.. (0 Neutral)

there wouldn't ever be an option worth taking, you could just always be neutral and would be rewarded for it. strange idea!

Players are currently punished for making their own decisions, because the points cancel each other out.

I'm not asking for a neutral option.

Take a look here: http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/11/bioware-gray-jedi-playstyle-in-swtor-will-reap-rewards/

If they don't fix the alignment system we might as well designate our characters alignment during character creation.

So when Bioware releases more powerful alignment gear they're planning to add neutral gear, I'm just asking that it come "soon" so that the most innovative feature in the game doesn't remain broken.