Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware if you were unsure first come first served means the first people get served

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bioware if you were unsure first come first served means the first people get served

Gfredx
12.14.2011 , 03:00 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraayyt View Post
Lol people get so Butt hurt over a game that is NOT EVEN released yet, chill out or quit. I hope you quit, one less ****** that will be in game.
If all the people complaining leave the game. You will be in an empty game world which is very bad for a mmo.

commandoExo
12.14.2011 , 03:00 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
I haven't seen anything being falsely advertised. Leading up to Early Access, they've always stated "up to 5 days". They haven't even hit that mark yet, and thousands of people are already playing. They've always stated that Early Access would be based on when pre-order codes were redeemed, again indicating that not everyone would be in the door at zero hour.

Your pre-order did grant you Early Access, and as long as you get into the game before Dec 20, you receive your Early Access.
with all the forums post I been reading about the game going bad so far with the early accesses in gamers now.
and the support from BW going south fast.
this game is not looking that good or worth it any more and I give it till tomorrow before I pull my plug and cancel and do my reports.
I already made 1 report on mmorpg.com for a review..
Beta tester
DIGITAL DELUXE EDITION OWNER.

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 03:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Aieny View Post
Actually, by redeeming a pre-order code, it DID guarantee Early Access. However, Early Access has ALWAYS been claimed as UP TO 5 days, so, as long as people with valid pre-order codes on their account before December 20 have access on December 19, then BioWare has upheld their guarantee of Early Access with pre-orders.
I'm not disagreeing you on the code redemption portion, I'm disagreeing the OP's idea that the fact that they dropped the money on the game guarantees them #1 access to EGA. The money they put down only holds their 2 CE copies and 2 standard copies on the game. They are provided with pre-order codes, which if redeemed early enough, are what guarentee eventual access to the EGA.

TheSiobhan
12.14.2011 , 03:01 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by canadria View Post
You can feel free to ****.

I will explain this slowly for you.

Your position is predicated (look it up) on one word.

MAY

May is not contractually binding in any jurisdiction in the world.

You MAY receive, vs you WILL receive.

On the other hand, I did find this video someone posted on youtube that states yours and most of the other positions I have seen today, quite clearly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I
The fact is companies are forced to treat customers equally, and act upon reasonable expectations, such that if you jump through all their hoops, they will hold up their end of the deal. Very simply if you preorder and enter your code, then you will get your ega based on the order in which codes are redeemed. This is a reasonable expectation thus that if I entered my code 8 hours after preorder launch I would be allowed ega access before people who entered their codes 8 hours and 1 minutes after the preorder launch. Krefers to the launch of the preorder program not the game). The fact that I have not, is a breach. You whole "may" argument is invalid based on the fact that other people are being let in.

Also any ambiguity in a contract always favors the party that did not draw the contract. Sorry bioware/ea are in breach.

Farso
12.14.2011 , 03:02 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSiobhan View Post
So I registered 8 hours after the announcement, I have paid in full for 2 collectors editiond and 2 standards. This is over 400 dollars that I have spent in games alone. (Xmas presents) However bioware has decided in their infinite wisdom to reneg on their portion of the agreement. My guild was not imported, I have received no early acccess. I have been trying for over a week at this point to get an answer from customer support and make them aware of the issue. However they ignored me, and now well I'm just tired of it, so here ya go bioware/ea. You lost 400 in sales, and at least 8 months of subs, but probably more. Not to mention since the guild wasn't imported I have some guild members who are no longer interested since they've seen how this stuff is handled.

Btw reddit/gaming forums/ign anywhere I can post about this I will.
Quit whining, get over it, and wait your turn. I lost my origional name on all seven RP servers, my guild didn't import properly, but we still ended up getting it setup because we weren't lazy. And, to top it off I'm not even in the game yet. I think this is just a case of you not being patient enough and have little experience with MMO launches.
Supreme General Talon Beskar'ad
Mystics of the Force - Marine Commander (Trooper Officer)

Rulyen
12.14.2011 , 03:04 PM | #46
The fact is companies are forced to treat customers equally, and act upon reasonable expectations, such that if you jump through all their hoops, they will hold up their end of the deal. Very simply if you preorder and enter your code, then you will get your ega based on the order in which codes are redeemed. This is a reasonable expectation thus that if I entered my code 8 hours after preorder launch I would be allowed ega access before people who entered their codes 8 hours and 1 minutes after the preorder launch. Krefers to the launch of the preorder program not the game). The fact that I have not, is a breach. You whole "may" argument is invalid based on the fact that other people are being let in.

Also any ambiguity in a contract always favors the party that did not draw the contract. Sorry bioware/ea are in breach.
Are you sure the server registered that your key was activated on day 1? My pre-order code is not showing as activated until the day after I actually put it in. Moot point, granted, as your window has already been invited, but still something to think about.

There is also the thought of technological error. You think BW is granting access by hand? I'd be thoroughly surprised if they did. There may have been a mistake, and you just never received the email. Have you tried logging into the game to see if you actually do have access, instead of ranting on the forums?

TheSiobhan
12.14.2011 , 03:05 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Rulyen View Post
I'm not disagreeing you on the code redemption portion, I'm disagreeing the OP's idea that the fact that they dropped the money on the game guarantees them #1 access to EGA. The money they put down only holds their 2 CE copies and 2 standard copies on the game. They are provided with pre-order codes, which if redeemed early enough, are what guarentee eventual access to the EGA.
Actually it guarantees me access in a specific order. That point has been skipped. The fact is I entered my code jumped through all hoops (there weren't many And I'm decently agile) and thus saved my spot in the ega line. However bioware appears to just be picking people at random.

Kuiper
12.14.2011 , 03:05 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by commandoExo View Post
with all the forums post I been reading about the game going bad so far with the early accesses in gamers now.
and the support from BW going south fast.
this game is not looking that good or worth it any more and I give it till tomorrow before I pull my plug and cancel and do my reports.
I already made 1 report on mmorpg.com for a review..
You do realize that people who like the game are going to be playing it and not on the forums?

iain_b
12.14.2011 , 03:06 PM | #49
Actually it guarantees me access in a specific order. That point has been skipped. The fact is I entered my code jumped through all hoops (there weren't many And I'm decently agile) and thus saved my spot in the ega line. However bioware appears to just be picking people at random.
When you go to this page:

https://account.swtor.com/user/codes

What dates do you see?
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

Vrong
12.14.2011 , 03:06 PM | #50
lmao, crying over a videogame. Don't worry SWTOR will be here for awhile