Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware if you were unsure first come first served means the first people get served

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Bioware if you were unsure first come first served means the first people get served

fatheadx
12.14.2011 , 04:41 PM | #121
Bioware didnt handle this great, but being this angry about it is completely ridiculous. I mean traveling around the net to post your story is a little much. I understand being a little ticked off, but in the end it's 5 days. If that is going to cause you to never play the game then im not sure what to tell you.

BrianToop
12.14.2011 , 04:44 PM | #122
please the more that quit the less queue time for us all!

we all win on this post

joking aside, if your guild was confirmed through the website process it is there.

if you pre-ordered early email may not have been received, did you try logging in before you went emo?

if not, then power to you, less emo people in SWTOR imo

Edit: I guess you haven't canceled yet if you are still posting in forums lol
Intel i7 950 @ 3.07 Ghz (8 CPUs)
Windows 7 - 64 Bit Home Premium
Gigabyte X58-UD3R / 12 GB Ram DDR3 1600
2x Nvidia 460 GTX SLi (4 GBs)

BrianToop
12.14.2011 , 04:46 PM | #123
When did you register your preorder code?

you are talking a lot here without listing facts.

imo you are just a lost puppy looking for an owner...

http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

DarthPreytus
12.14.2011 , 04:47 PM | #124
Where is the contract you signed? There's no contract! People on here blow my mind! It's a game ffs, you've waited since July for it, your still gonna play when you can anyway so dont make empty threats, stop ************ and get some sunlight...if I was BW I'd put your whining *** in on the 19th for giggles!

Quinnie
12.14.2011 , 04:48 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSiobhan View Post
I paid $400 on 7/21 if it weren't for ega then I would have paid 400 on 12/20. Simple fact that they've had my money for 5 months constitutes a value to the ega, it is the diiference beteween 400 on 7/21 and 400 on 12/20. Please don't try that argument it is aslo invalid.
Just because you paid $400 on 7/21 doesn't mean anything for EGA. If you have not entered your pre-order code for ALL 4 games, each one of those games will not get early game access. If you have entered your pre-order code you will get in sometime before December 20th (called early game access). They are staggering when you get early game access based on when you ENTERED YOUR PREORDER CODE.

What do you not understand about that? It's a simple thing.
Moonpie | GM of Premonition Gaming
Guild Website | Recruitment | Forums

BrianToop
12.14.2011 , 04:49 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by quinnie View Post
just because you paid $400 on 7/21 doesn't mean anything for ega. If you have not entered your pre-order code for all 4 games, each one of those games will not get early game access. If you have entered your pre-order code you will get in sometime before december 20th (called early game access). They are staggering when you get early game access based on when you entered your preorder code.

What do you not understand about that? It's a simple thing.
winner!!!

Quinnie
12.14.2011 , 04:55 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Briareus View Post
Try 1.6 million. Figures are available. 6 million, lol where'd you get that your arse?!

Now here's the thing I don't give a monkeys when I get in, when I'm in I'm in. However people have a valid point and good reason to be annoyed. When the pre-orders were announced Bioware stated that early access would be dependant on the date not of purchase but rather when you redeemed your pre-code. Great bit of marketing, people went mental and ordered within hours, redeemed their codes and sat back to wait on early access.

Early access comes around, and the original poster, having entered his code within 8 hours of orders opening is thinking sweet, it's first come first serve on the 15th. However Bioware says we're giving you the wonderful gift of 2 more days EGA. Hurrah we shout Bioware is awesome! Not so. It would appear that the extra 2 days EGA is being done on a... well that's exactly it, how is it being done. People who ordered in August, September, and November etc are in game. People like the OP however are sitting thinking ***!! How did this shizzle happen? Bioware have said... well nothing! Customer support is understaffed or non existent, not to mention Origin have cancelled a whole ream of pre-orders without reason stating talk to Bioware they did it, and ran awy.

The deal was indeed 'UPTO' 5 days EGA based on a 'FIRST COME FIRST IN' basis. This is not what's happening and people are rightly upset at this, not to mention the extrmem lack of information coming out of Bioware. I love the game, and can't wait to play it, however you really must unplugg your heads from your arses and realise that there has been an almighty cluster fug made of this early access.
Most of your information is incorrect....

The OP didn't state he entered his code originally... he just said he bought 4 copies of the game on 7/21 within the first 8 hours. So if he never entered pre-order codes he is NOT entitled to the day 1 EGA (yesterday). Also, there isn't anyone in the game that ENTERED the pre-order code after October 2nd. That was the cutoff for today. So still the OP doesn't have a leg to stand on in regards to his complaints. You should also take some time to read up on the facts before just listening to every whiner who neglected to enter their pre-order code and now wants to claim breach of contract. Now if he did enter the codes then he can submit a customer support ticket and wait like everyone else. Games can't be 100% perfect, as much as we'd like them to be. Sometimes we just have to act like adults and deal. It is what it is.
Moonpie | GM of Premonition Gaming
Guild Website | Recruitment | Forums

Oneeve
12.14.2011 , 04:55 PM | #128
Just pay the 5k In-Game to make a new guild and decide on a server to meet on like most people would do in an active game. :| Don't let a small inconvenience ruin it for you.

SnowHeart
12.14.2011 , 04:56 PM | #129
Internet legal society in full stride here, I see. Fun. (Short version: Advertising is not a contract. For there to be a contract, there must be an offer, acceptance, and consideration. Meaning that both parties exchange something of value. Advertising is, at best, an offer and even then it depends on the wording. "May get up to..." is pretty vague. Good luck getting a court to agree with you that it forms a binding contract.) Again:

Instead of QQing here on the forums, have you filed a ticket (under the Help button at the top right)? Tried calling? Tweet'd SWTOR or Stephen Reid? If what you say is true, I'd be frustrated as well. And the folks who've caught @SWTOR/@Stephen Reid's attention on Twitter with those complaints, they said they would look into it. With all due respect, it just sounds like you're engaging in nerd rage. Completely unproductive. Again, if you haven't already, click on that "help" button at the top-right and go from there. Posting on these forums is about as useful as urinating into the wind.

AccidentalRob
12.14.2011 , 04:56 PM | #130
If you're having game problems I feel bad for you, son. I got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.