Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lucas says he won't make more Star Wars movies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Lucas says he won't make more Star Wars movies

MikeScottMorgan
01.18.2012 , 09:41 AM | #21
Good, I'm glad he's not making anymore Star-wars movies

I've been shot at with lasers, lost limbs to light-sabers, been blown-up and crapped out of nearly every beast in the galaxy. George Lucas has made my life a living hell.
It's Misery

OBHiggy
01.18.2012 , 09:57 AM | #22
Agreed. Give someone else those jobs. He needs to stick with doing CGI which he's good at. Let someone else make all the big decisions. It's still his company so his name is still on it, but just be the bigger man and step aside and let someone else make the big decisions.
Remember....no disintegrations!

mathalsolo
01.18.2012 , 10:12 AM | #23
Poor guy. A bunch of sci-fi nerds mistake his saga for some overanalyzed BS like Star Trek, and cry about it 'not being correct' until he quits.

However, usually when you troll someone so hard, they usually snap at some point, lol...
Amus Kindu

kaoticdrake
01.18.2012 , 10:20 AM | #24
I may not agree with everything he's done but I'll still be sad to see him leave the universe he created before I was born. The universe that I grew up completely enthralled by. The universe that I want to contribute to in the future.

If he ends that universe... well my life will quite frankly... suck a lot of ***.
To be one with the Force you must understand yourself and how your power reflects your nature.

LeonKeyh
01.18.2012 , 10:24 AM | #25
Good. Maybe he can continue to fix the rest of the glaring issues with the original trilogy, and make it better like he has been.

Not sure how they would redo it, but they could re-record Han's "I know" line in Empire to be what it was originally supposed to be. Also, replace the stupid puppet Yoda with the CG Yoda, which was miles more realistic.

Xcsl
01.18.2012 , 10:36 AM | #26
I wasn't really expecting another Star Wars movie. I thought it was pretty much done after Episode III was released. But if he means re-releases and that sort of thing, well then that is just silly. Everyone is going to want more remasters and that sort of thing. Personally, I thought the re-releases for 97 were pretty damn good. Still have to check out the Blu-Ray's though, hopefully they are pretty spectacular.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a dunce. After actually reading the article, I can't believe he his done with movies all together. To be honest, it sounded more like it was because of movie executives rather then the actual fans, although they probably had a portion for that. Still, its hard to believe that he is finally done with movies altogether. Wonder if he will stay true to his word though?

TheLost
01.18.2012 , 10:39 AM | #27
personally pleased he WON'T be doing any more movies... the cgi clone wars series took what was supposed to be, at best, a year worth of space between attack of the clones, and stretched it into absurdity.

Anyone familiar with the Republic Commando book series? Written by Karen Travis?

anyone know why she stopped writing that series after the first book of Imperial Commandos?

Because the established cannon was being changed such that what she had established all but threw any hope for continuing the series out the window. And if memory serves, it boiled down to this:

Boba makes his assault on Windu's cruiser intending vengeance, and rather than finding another way (one that wouldn't put his brothers at risk, ((granted it's not established if Jango imbued in Boba that sense of family to the clones, the clones still carried at least some of the mandalorian traditions)) ) he takes the course he does, and doesn't seem to care who he has to kill in the process as long as windu dies.

All of the expanded universe stuff has been viewed for the longest time now as being canonical by at least a majority of fans, and the fact that Lucas had seemingly never made a move to say otherwise (assuming he didn't in fact endorse it himself- I mean, he's only permitted these books to be written and hit the shelves... money in his pocket or not, if he didn't like the way things were going in his own universe, he could've stopped it) and so for him to decide that he has the right to go and change whatever he wants after the fact that things have already long since been established ... it's like if tolkien were still alive, and he went back thru all his works, and decided he didn't like how things had played out in some seemingly not too important at the time situation and changed it... only later on for that change to alter the course of a character's story entirely. at least it seems that way t me.

Foxfirega
01.18.2012 , 10:39 AM | #28
I'm honestly a little disappointed. I was fine with Lucas doing what he wanted to with what were, effectively, his stories. It's his sandbox.

At the same time, I can fully respect his decision to go do something else, as long as he's happy at the end of the day. He created something that will (hopefully) outlive him for a good long time, and that's enough for me.

Best of wishes to George in his future endeavors.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Siyko
01.18.2012 , 11:04 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Altephor View Post
Thank. God.
^

He also believes in the apocalypse.
PLEASE FORWARD ALL INQUIRIES TO:
<The Epsilon Corporation>
Nar Shaddaa
Jung Ma

jedxix
01.18.2012 , 11:09 AM | #30
Lucas I got this. Just send Rick over to me (don't forget to punch holes in the box) with any notes Irvin might have left and we'll take care of 7-8 for you.
IPVPIRL