Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please allow us to space Corso Riggs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler
Please allow us to space Corso Riggs

Dowhat
01.18.2012 , 02:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzume_Bachi View Post
I would love to jettison him in some emtpy, lightless part of space so that his frozen corpse can float alone in the dark for untold eons. That would bring me maximum happiness. It's exactly what that putz deserves.

100% This. He's a slap in the face to women. And less than useless too. Yes, Derpso, what if a woman is shooting at you? I desperately wanted an option to shoot him in the face right then. And he only just gets worse. I wonder what kind of wierd pathology and self esteem issues they suffer from that would make Corso anything other than repellant.

I'm certain that they like their vampires sparkly.

I keep him clad in level-appropriate blues and he does rather well. His AoE taunt buys me time to burn down the golds and keep them from shooting at me. As scoundrel I can just have him charge in and then I can just backblast everyone into oblivion.
Honestly I have no issue with how Corso is written I don't find it overly sexist at all. In fact I really like him, he's sweet and wants nothing more than for my smuggler to be happy and feel safe. Call me crazy but I find that endearing. I do however have a HUGE problem with what little I've seen on Vette's story line. Just the simple fact that imp's can slap her and make her cry really bothers me WAaaaaayyy beyond anything Corso say's.

silvershadows
01.18.2012 , 02:23 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
heh...kids these days. no respect for the people who deserve it the most. i happen to like Corso just the way he is. it was quite a pleasant surprise to see Bioware give my smuggler a true country gentleman as a companion instead of the usual generic, smooth-talking, boringly suave stereotype that's usually pinned on these types of characters. such a breath of fresh air.

move along, Bioware. nothing to see here.

For one of those, play a jedi knight. Doc is hot too. He's an ***, but he's hot... and then he gets sweet. Corso, on the other hand, starts out sweet and then gets heart-meltingly sweeter.

I am a strong independant woman (much like my smuggler, in fact), and I ADORE Corso. Many things in this world I hate - Twilight, Justin Beiber, Gwen Stefani, sauerkraut, the color pink - amongst others.

But I love me some Corso "hawtsauce" Riggs.
Sage - Sentinel - Commando - ScoundrelPowertech - Operative - Marauder - Sorcerer
Highjinks - Flashfire Ace - Saberwing
Cadera Legacy The Ebon Hawk

Check out my series of Mandalorian novels HERE.

Suzume_Bachi
01.18.2012 , 03:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Saviorofcamelot View Post
LMAO @ We can't romance the RUG.

Having heard it like that I really wish I could romance him!
Totally. Bowdaar is more preferable than Corso "Schlemiel" Riggs. He's more manly and worthy to boot.

Quote: Originally Posted by viith View Post
I hate him because he failed my purple level 250 Underworld mission. And this from the guy with +Underworld efficiency. LAME. I've totally shelved him at this point, heck, the droid has less failures on missions than him.
What's funny is that he's suck a little suckup to Republic Rules and Regulations it doesn't even make sense for him to have Underworld Trading. He's such a schmuck he'd have to turn himself in after every mission.

Quote: Originally Posted by happysister View Post
heh...kids these days. no respect for the people who deserve it the most. i happen to like Corso just the way he is. it was quite a pleasant surprise to see Bioware give my smuggler a true country gentleman as a companion instead of the usual generic, smooth-talking, boringly suave stereotype that's usually pinned on these types of characters. such a breath of fresh air.
Listen, nobody is taking away your sparkly vampires, your Lifetime Television or your unfortunate reinforcement of negative stereotypes by lowering yourself to romancing this pathetic, worthless putz. You like weak, SNAG-y omegamale putzes and that's your perogative. Hate for Corso "Derpo" Riggs is near universal since Beta and all we want is the ability to make him go away permenently. Preferably painfully at the end of a blaster or alone in the cold, dark depths of space where he can float unloved and untouched for countless eons. We don't even have to ask the Devs for a better, less annoying replacement. We just want to be able to make him gone.

You can keep yours, I can put mine feet first through a wood chipper. Sure, I'd like a romance option with a worthy male who is not a complete schlemiel, but since there's obviously some demand for schmucks, putzes and schlemiels we don't want to ruin it for you.

Also, "Country Gentlman" is usually defined as someone who is more interested in his sisters and his cousins but I suppose that fits into the whole Corso thing rather well. Maybe he wants me to find his cousin Rona because he wants us all to have a little "a Trois". Figures.

Gods, that reminds me how much I hate the sound of his voice. *shudder* Ick.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dowhat View Post
Honestly I have no issue with how Corso is written I don't find it overly sexist at all. In fact I really like him, he's sweet and wants nothing more than for my smuggler to be happy and feel safe. Call me crazy but I find that endearing. I do however have a HUGE problem with what little I've seen on Vette's story line. Just the simple fact that imp's can slap her and make her cry really bothers me WAaaaaayyy beyond anything Corso say's.
Only Sith Trueblood get the discipline command and it works on all the companions, not just Vette. Although, honestly, it does seem very very unseemly how much the guys are enjoying smacking her around with it and not the other companions. I love Vette and made a male SW just so I can romance her. Off with that collar!
I do use /slap on Corso "Schlemiel" Riggs all the time just to see if he will get the hint and FOAD.
Anyhoo, you like putzes and that's your perogative.

MisterxMagician
01.18.2012 , 04:42 PM | #24
Oh wow, those are some thick issues you got piling on there sister XD Funniest thread here in a long time.

coldcite
01.18.2012 , 04:44 PM | #25
Since we can't romance the rug or the fish and the "romance" option is so execrable it's too bad we can't same-sex romance her as she's the one who is at least worthy of my attention. We'd be Amazon lovers taking the stars together.

Send Derpso back to the farm where he belongs.
...Niceeeeee...

I think you're just mad because you have yet to turn your Corso into this...

http://i.imgur.com/UVxlM.jpg
Spoiler

BTW, I'm about to romance Risha, should I go for it? feels kinda weird to me, this being an MMO and all... heh, I guess that's what I get after clicking [flirt] everytime it shows.
Arguel Coldblade Scoundrel/Sawbones (Currently Looking for Guild)
(US East - The Fatman)

Tired of Reverse Engineer RNG progression? So am I

Suzume_Bachi
01.18.2012 , 04:51 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by coldcite View Post
...Niceeeeee...

I think you're just mad because you have yet to turn your Corso into this...

http://i.imgur.com/UVxlM.jpg
Spoiler

BTW, I'm about to romance Risha, should I go for it? feels kinda weird to me, this being an MMO and all... heh, I guess that's what I get after clicking [flirt] everytime it shows.
HAHAHAH! That's the worst haircut ever. Early 80's called and wants their copy of Breakin'2: Electric Boogaloo back. Even worse than the default. It's too bad that skin doesn't also come with a better voice.

I put a huge blast helmet over mine so that I don't have to see his derpy face every time I go to my bridge.

Go for it with Risha. She's a great companion and also appropriate for a smuggler (unlike Derpo)

spetsnazak
01.18.2012 , 04:56 PM | #27
Leave corso alone!
Squad 11-11-11

MisterxMagician
01.18.2012 , 05:01 PM | #28
Actually, after reading more of these responses, I think the OP is actually serious and not just trolling way too hard...

*inches slowly out of this thread, clutching a knife in one hand while dialing 911 on my cell in the other*

coldcite
01.18.2012 , 05:02 PM | #29
HAHAHAH! That's the worst haircut ever. Early 80's called and wants their copy of Breakin'2: Electric Boogaloo back. Even worse than the default. It's too bad that skin doesn't also come with a better voice.

Go for it with Risha. She's a great companion and also appropriate for a smuggler (unlike Derpo)
Yep, you're just mad!

http://i.imgur.com/M4CoD.jpg
I hope this stays "casual" as she said...
Arguel Coldblade Scoundrel/Sawbones (Currently Looking for Guild)
(US East - The Fatman)

Tired of Reverse Engineer RNG progression? So am I

Suzume_Bachi
01.18.2012 , 05:06 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by coldcite View Post
Yep, you're just mad!

http://i.imgur.com/M4CoD.jpg
I hope this stays "casual" as she said...
Whoa, does Hermione know about the sugar you're getting on the side there, Ron?

Just wait till you meet her dad...