Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LFG system

scubamonk
01.20.2012 , 07:24 AM | #31
As someone who played since vanilla, I've run hundreds of dungeons, both before lfd and after. The main difference in the "rudeness" is that prior to lfd even if a dps was pulling your group down you were inclined to deal with it because getting a replacement was so difficult. I put up with way more ninjaing/rudeness prior to lfd because someone could effectively hold your group hostage, or at the very least put you on hold for 15 minutes or so if you found them to be intolerable.

Many times would I sit through the hour + of the group leader spamming "LF Healer then g2g" only to finally form, someone has to leave, group fails on first pull, etc. Then the group just falls apart. So yeah, I see it differently, its not that people were nicer, its that they were always after efficiency and without lfd its more effiicient to put up with the ninja/rude player because god knows how long it will take to replace them. At least with lfd its easy to boot the problem players and quickly move on.

Shoekron
01.24.2012 , 03:45 PM | #32
Yeah, I basically can't play this game at 50 in a group setting without a LFD system. My buddies are either into PvP or simply not interested in leveling quickly to 50, and I've found my hollering in /general in the Imperial Fleet to be futile.

I'll be playing Rift in the meantime, I think. WoW is very clapped out, tired, and while Rift dropped the ball on a lot of things, at least it has varying and complex gameplay systems and a LFD-esque system.

Trineda
01.24.2012 , 05:53 PM | #33
Hello everyone,

In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the pros and cons of LFD and Dungeon Finders, we will be closing this current thread.