Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LFG system

Swattwenty
01.17.2012 , 07:09 PM | #1
i know its probably been posted but this game really needs a LFG system, i sit at the imperial fleet and just scream LFG for hours and get no where. It kinda makes me wanna just quit and go back to wow till this is added.

Anfinn
01.19.2012 , 03:42 AM | #2
yes cant get no dungeons done, people in guild are never online and spamming random strangers is not fun, after finnishing the singleplayer quests there was nothing more to do, so only thing to do is end the subscription.

Lowenblade
01.19.2012 , 12:02 PM | #3
BioWare said it didn't implament a LFD system for PvE because it wants to "build community." So, it's for the good of the PvE player community. Of course, BioWare doesn't feel the need to build "community" for PvP players, because they have a cross-server LFD utility. So suck it up, PvE players, no-LFD is for your own good.

Skann
01.19.2012 , 12:12 PM | #4
What community is there if you WANT to play with other people but CAN'T?

For instance, yesterday, I came home later than usual and started doing my daily stuff, but it was past peak time on my server. End result: no HM daily, barely 2 WZ in the span of 1h30m, not to mention, no heroic missions.

The excuse BW gave for not having it is not to build a community. They specifically mention that it was to avoid people leveling up via dungeons alone. Which in itself is kinda of weird as you can do it by PVP (and quite a lot of people did).

It's not game breaking for me at this point. 6 month down the road, I really don't know.

Yummymango
01.19.2012 , 12:39 PM | #5
I know man. This thing has been posted so many times on forums but unfortunately as of now no feedback from BW.

Valtrim
01.19.2012 , 12:44 PM | #6
An in-server LFG queue might not be a horrible thing, but if you played WoW you'll know that the individual servers themselves mean virtually nothing now; the only reason to even join a guild is if you want to do heroic raids or have a reliable BG premade.

Honestly, levelling in WoW now is a pretty lonely experience because everything can be queued, and there's really no incentive to getting to know someone in an instance that you are very likely to never see again. I like that Old Republic forces you to at least speak with people (if only long enough to say what you're looking for) in order to do group content. It reminds me of old WoW.

evildestroyer
01.19.2012 , 12:51 PM | #7
I would love a Cross server LFG, it makes LFG easier. People are against it, but they are idiots, they just shouldnt use it, let them spend 30 mins looking for a party while i can get in one in seconds.

People complain about building community but i dont see how is spam in chat helping, people say join guilds well that works at times but i gotta go at their time when they want to.

And look, you will encounter idiots no matter what, at lease if you encounter an idiot from another server you can kick them from party, re queue and never see them again.

Yummymango
01.19.2012 , 12:53 PM | #8
frankly I never see anyone talking of building a community in the instances that I have done so far. It is not far from a LFG system. The most people say is hello and will whine if someone pulled something accidentally.

if anyone wants a community why not have a guild. But thats just me. I strongly think that there is no community building in spamming for a group for hours.

Lowenblade
01.19.2012 , 01:01 PM | #9
The so called ďcommunityĒ you dream of is a mirage. I say this because even in a large guild of over 100 people, most donít regularly speak two sentences with their fellow guild mates. Taking shots at WoW might be fun for fodder, but baseless in the real (business) world. WoW evolved into the system they have today through seven years of trial and error to become the most successful MMO ever. So donít kid yourself about every other MMO out there wanting to be the next WoW. Iíll bet you dollars to donuts SWTOR Executives would walk over hot coals to have anywhere near 11 million subscribers.

Tijonius
01.19.2012 , 01:24 PM | #10
Just a quick question have you even tried to use the LFG comment system that they already have in place?. I never have any trouble finding a group because I can just grab people that put comments up while questing and finish my group instead of just sitting on the fleet spamming.