Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic side is horribly boring...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Republic side is horribly boring...

Romick
01.17.2012 , 09:40 PM | #11
Finish Jedi Knight act 2...just do it.

TORPlayer
01.17.2012 , 09:57 PM | #12
I believe the empire has better writers but i have been enjoying my trooper a lot. I may be biased since the soldiers are my favorite part of SW.
Lieutenant Vaeran Grimez
Republic 44 Vanguard
Cipher Agent Kaulton Grimez
Imperial 45 Operative

Vulta
01.17.2012 , 11:31 PM | #13
The Warrior and maybe the bounty hunter and imperial agent have better writers i don't know, but the Sith inquistor is not all that great, not great at all....

Axemilles
01.18.2012 , 12:12 AM | #14
I'm simultaneously leveling a Sith Warrior and Jedi Consular and i must say, the Sith Warriors story is 10 times better. Its a shame because i like playing Republic Characters but the Consulars story is extremely boring. I've heard it gets better after act 1 but so far the Warrior has had better class quests and companions.

On the consular i've had to spend the first 24 levels with only Qyzen the trandoshian...god i hate him. Theran Cedrix is a more interesting character but that is mostly because of his holographic wife who tags along.The Sith Warriors companions are much more interesting, both Vette and Malavi are decently tolerable to have follow you, and their conversations are much more interesting. the only consular companion that looks interesting is nadia grell, but she's the last one.

AlyxDinas
01.18.2012 , 12:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Blood_Burger View Post
No one agrees?
I certainly don't.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Punnyjunior
01.18.2012 , 12:56 AM | #16
i have 50 sin and 10+ jedi knight

for me both are fine. i guess ppl just like to be a bad guy instead of a monk

only Troop that's not interesting for me at all

kinglanevothree
01.18.2012 , 08:51 AM | #17
I first rolled a Smuggler and I found the story interesting, I should have seen his story through and should not have stopped at lvl 25 *facepalm*

Trooper story is meh, surprised that i went all the way to late chapter 3 and from the spoilers I read it sounds like more of the same.

KeatoHarrolo
01.18.2012 , 08:56 AM | #18
I have to disagree. I've played a lot of characters but I find the Jedi Knight and trooper to be great.

The Sith have ok stories but I prefer republic. Mainly because I think the sith look stupid with their black, red and pruple fantasy evil armour. The Jedi and Trooper look cool.
Keato - Jedi Guardian Keata - Jedi Sage Keaton - Republic Vanguard Keaten - Smuggler
Scornii
- Sith Assassin Scornious - Sith Juggernaut Keatan - Bounty Trooper
What Species do you want to be playable? Sandbox Vs Story Driven

Ruary
01.18.2012 , 08:57 AM | #19
Yeah, I have friends all on the republic since we like joining the under dog, none have complained if anything praised how well written and captivating all sides of the Republic story is.

I'm a Jedi knight and I feel like i'm Obiwan times 10.

Calax
01.18.2012 , 09:30 AM | #20
Honestly the biggest thing I think is that the Republic stories are kinda forced into very "YOU ARE XXXX" stories. Where you play as Han Solo, Luke Skywalker (pre and post degobah), and a soldier.

Also, They drag act one out wayyyy to long for ALL the stories. Meaning it feels like you're just doing the same... damn... thing... for a LONG time (it's what, six planets overall?)