Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic side is horribly boring...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Republic side is horribly boring...

Blood_Burger
01.17.2012 , 07:05 PM | #1
This is a matter of opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Trooper and Jedi put me to sleep. Played them to 30 and 38 respectively. By the time I hit Taris I started to feel the decline, Nar Shaddaa was tough, and then by the time I hit Tattooine I was done. I pushed ahead to Alderaan on my Jedi but couldn't finish.

The only character I've remotely had fun with thus far is Sith Warrior. (22)

I'd like to try Smuggler as a last resort, but I don't know if its worth investing the time again.

I had really high hopes for this game. Not unsubscribing just yet, but I'm almost there.

Flame on if you must, but I'm sure there are others that feel this way.

Derfmiolleh
01.17.2012 , 07:06 PM | #2
To each his own.

SnoggyMack
01.17.2012 , 07:09 PM | #3
Play your sith? You seem to enjoy that character? Why play anything else?
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

Blood_Burger
01.17.2012 , 07:13 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
Play your sith? You seem to enjoy that character? Why play anything else?
I do. Topic was that Republic side is boring by comparison.

No one agrees?

ZakMorgan
01.17.2012 , 07:19 PM | #5
Yep, its partly why I ditched my Gunslinger for a Sniper, and also because the IA story blows the Smuggler's out of the water.
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

Darth_Romana
01.17.2012 , 07:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Blood_Burger View Post
I do. Topic was that Republic side is boring by comparison.

No one agrees?
I agree fully. I grew bored with my Jedi Knight and got pulled back to my Sith Inquisitor, leaving him on Corsucant at about level 12.

Kozor
01.17.2012 , 09:29 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Blood_Burger View Post
This is a matter of opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine.

Trooper and Jedi put me to sleep. Played them to 30 and 38 respectively. By the time I hit Taris I started to feel the decline, Nar Shaddaa was tough, and then by the time I hit Tattooine I was done. I pushed ahead to Alderaan on my Jedi but couldn't finish.

The only character I've remotely had fun with thus far is Sith Warrior. (22)

I'd like to try Smuggler as a last resort, but I don't know if its worth investing the time again.

I had really high hopes for this game. Not unsubscribing just yet, but I'm almost there.

Flame on if you must, but I'm sure there are others that feel this way.

I agree. I do believe Empire had much better writers. I keep playing Republic though mostly because I don't want to replay Huttball over and over again. It will also be easier to find imperials on Ilum. That's pretty much it.

lokdron
01.17.2012 , 09:36 PM | #8
Yup tried the trooper and jedi knight the quests bored me so i went back to my SW and SI.

Koronii
01.17.2012 , 09:37 PM | #9
I'm happy to agree with you on the Jedi Knight, but I quite like the trooper storyline from what I've seen of it.

MasterPromithes
01.17.2012 , 09:40 PM | #10
I found that the Jedi Consular story so far the only one worth playing. My Consular is a level 50 Shadow and now I am leveling a Sith Inquisitor and well the only reason I keep going back to my Sith is because Republic does not have enough players to decently PUG a Hard Mode at any time of day. And while I love my Republic guild and hope that it starts to flourish I really hope that more people will start to play Republic because leveling for me was the fun part right now I have only gotten through 2 Hard Modes while being 50 for almost 3 weeks now. I love both sides but BioWare really needs to find a way to make a server where the number of players on each side are capped at a certain point.
Jolee Bindo=Resident badarse of the Old Republic

Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
The capacity of the human spirit to find new things to argue about always inspires me.