Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Feature Request: Crew Skill App for Android.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
New Feature Request: Crew Skill App for Android.

JoyProtocol
01.19.2012 , 12:07 PM | #21
That said, this would be an awesome app. I have been wanting something like this since day 1. I can see the safety concerns already, but it could be fun. It would definitely make my wifi-enabled work more satisfying :P

Phima
01.19.2012 , 12:10 PM | #22
I'm afraid I think this is an absolutely horrible idea. You should have to actually log in to play the game.

What I would like to see is a longer queue for crew skill assignments and, most importantly, an option to queue missions as well as crafting.
Lost his signature Master Phima has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing!

Jayded
01.19.2012 , 12:26 PM | #23
Yep first day I was damn I would pay 25$ a month for a subscription with crafting application access....

... then I flip flopped on this idea because it would flood the market. A lot of us with 50's are rolling with money... to much to be honest. We could send our companions out all day without making a dent. Especially those of us that took advantage of slicing. (I had my wife and my son slicing for me while I was at work and ended up sitting on 6 million credits). This influx of resources would drown the market making people who do not have access to a smart phone suffer.

So my vote is no ... and hell no out of respect for my fellow gamers who do not have access to a smart phone. Now you could also say that I took advantage similarly by slicing... and yes I did. I also believed it needed to be patched as well. And that 6 million credits has been feeding the market of my alts on both Imperial and Republic side of my server. So there is an upside.

Meriki
01.19.2012 , 12:29 PM | #24
If some app like this was released I bet they would make crafting 10x more grindy. It isn't that hard to level up. To allow you to send your companions out continually all day while not even playing would be a bad idea.
TOR Guides, videos, news, and information on DDMsRealm.com!
Play the Fyxt RPG for free! It combines the easy of digital technology with the fun of a tabletop RPG.

JuliusMidnight
01.19.2012 , 12:35 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Phima View Post
I'm afraid I think this is an absolutely horrible idea. You should have to actually log in to play the game.

What I would like to see is a longer queue for crew skill assignments and, most importantly, an option to queue missions as well as crafting.
Why exactly is this horrible?

As someone who works full time, I have very little playtime, a couple hours a night at best. The only reason I was able to hit 50 was that I took vacation around the holidays. Being able to do some of the crew skilling at work through my iPhone would be fantastic. I fail to see how this would be an unfair advantage since the missions still cost credits and I would not be making any while I did this. And how would this be any different from someone that just stays on all day and sends their crew away (while being able to still make credits I might add)

I'm not sure I would like it tied to the security key app though (depending on implementation) since I have the physical Key for that.
A world without Damage Measurement
Quote: Originally Posted by Helagoth View Post
Without a damage meter, we'll be having things like "LFM for Eternity Vault, must be able to kill the First on Dromand kass in 45 seconds while we watch".

artisanttt
01.19.2012 , 12:38 PM | #26
Overall bad idea. There already is some long haul missions you can unlock, that you can send your companions on before you log. If you are using a VNC program to remotely play personally I think that should be considered a bannable offense since you are giving yourself an unfair advantage. Just my opinion.
<Insert Generic Colored Lightsaber>

Phima
01.19.2012 , 01:27 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JuliusMidnight View Post
And how would this be any different from someone that just stays on all day and sends their crew away (while being able to still make credits I might add).
Erm, they'd be playing the game and your wouldn't?
Lost his signature Master Phima has. How embarrassing... how embarrassing!

DadadadaBATMAN
01.19.2012 , 01:55 PM | #28
https://market.android.com/developer...ercane+Studios

It's here already. 3rd party. Was at the top of r/swtor for a while.

uniz
01.19.2012 , 02:03 PM | #29
personally i dont care either way. just as long people can't bot using it. nor if it makes the games lag any worse than it is.

Trevelyan
01.19.2012 , 02:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
So you want to do crew skills while not in the game? Basically power level up your crafting?

I wouldn't exactly call that fair. I doubt it would ever be implemented.
Its really not that different than WoW's auctioneer app they have for Droid and iPhone. Seems like a perfectly reasonable request. I doubt it would ever get implemented, but it would be a cool idea.
Alex|Alexia|Trevelya
::Sith Happens::
Website|SWTOR Thread|Charter