Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Feature Request: Crew Skill App for Android.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
New Feature Request: Crew Skill App for Android.

DarthDemens
01.17.2012 , 09:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Malmalmal View Post
Not everyone runs the game on a widescreen monitor or has a gamepad/gaming mouse either. WoW has the mobile armory that you can pay to access the Auction House with: I don't think that what the OP proposes is out of line.
The mobile armory app doesn't let you gather mats or craft goods either. So bringing it up is pointless.

If we were talking about GTN access on the phone, that would be a worthwhile point.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

jrwizzard
01.17.2012 , 10:25 PM | #12
it does cost credits to do missions, and you wouldnt be able to use what the missions gathered until you logged in and accepted it on the reward popup. You also wouldnt be able to reverse engineer what you made, so there still is limitations.

To say this is not fair because you dont have an android phone would be like me saying it isnt fair that i have to work and cant play 16 hours a day like some.

i just thought it would be a cool tool/toy for us, and maybe a perk for those that use a security key on there phone.

MilkPudding
01.18.2012 , 12:42 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by jrwizzard View Post
it does cost credits to do missions, and you wouldnt be able to use what the missions gathered until you logged in and accepted it on the reward popup. You also wouldnt be able to reverse engineer what you made, so there still is limitations.

To say this is not fair because you dont have an android phone would be like me saying it isnt fair that i have to work and cant play 16 hours a day like some.

i just thought it would be a cool tool/toy for us, and maybe a perk for those that use a security key on there phone.
I don't think it has a lot to do with it being 'unfair'.

The ultimate goal of sub MMOs is gathering as many people as possible and making them play for as long as possible. By having a 3rd party app that takes AWAY a significant chunk of the gameplay time that players would otherwise spend online/in-game (hence shortening the content lifespan) makes little or no sense from the company's business point of view.

At least not in near future. (And when it does happen, be prepared to pay/subscribe to the service)

snakespm
01.18.2012 , 01:12 AM | #14
Maybe instead of a cell phone app to gather resources they can have extended missions. Missions that take 4-6 hours and return with a larger quantity of resources. Also make it that either these missions couldn't fail, or it is based on iterations so that one failure wouldn't mean you get nothing unless you failed on all of the iterations.

Acidictadpole
01.18.2012 , 08:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Soshla View Post
Not everyone has an iPhone/Android? And this puts them at a substantial disadvantage in terms of crafting output?

It's just silly. I have an Android phone and I don't want this feature because I don't think it's fair for people who don't have a smartphone. If it was Windows Phone 7 only, would you guys still support it?
Make a webapp for it too then.

Quote: Originally Posted by MilkPudding View Post
I don't think it has a lot to do with it being 'unfair'.

The ultimate goal of sub MMOs is gathering as many people as possible and making them play for as long as possible. By having a 3rd party app that takes AWAY a significant chunk of the gameplay time that players would otherwise spend online/in-game (hence shortening the content lifespan) makes little or no sense from the company's business point of view.

At least not in near future. (And when it does happen, be prepared to pay/subscribe to the service)
You still need an active subscription to do this. I think it might actually improve the game, since people will log in to actually play instead of sitting in carrick station sending out their pets.
"Measure what is measurable, and make measurable what is not so." - Galileo

Marlaine
01.18.2012 , 09:31 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MilkPudding View Post
See here's the deal. People who want to do this are going to do this regardless of whether or not there's a iphone/android app. They'll use remote desktop or some other method. All the app does is make this more convenient, and results in a higher level of customer satisfaction. It is in BW's best interest to add value for their customers.

Now if you want to debate how much value this adds to the overall game and the overall customer base, well that's a whole other deal.

Tetarean
01.18.2012 , 10:43 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by snakespm View Post
Maybe instead of a cell phone app to gather resources they can have extended missions. Missions that take 4-6 hours and return with a larger quantity of resources. Also make it that either these missions couldn't fail, or it is based on iterations so that one failure wouldn't mean you get nothing unless you failed on all of the iterations.
That would be an awesome idea. Make 6 to 8 hours missions with great comeback resources.

CriticalMasses
01.18.2012 , 11:35 AM | #18
Supposedly they said they were planning for apps sometime down the road. The time frame might have been up to a year after launch though. They'd need 2 development teams, one for android and one for iphone, but I agree. they really need a crew skills app for each platform.

In the meantime they need to allow you to queue crew skill missions like you can crafting items.
Dear Bioware, my Birthday is in March > I'd like to see Purple, Gold, and Teal crystals obtainable by all players and the four major play styles by then. The four major play styles are CRAFTING, SOLO, RAID, and PVP.

jrwizzard
01.19.2012 , 09:12 AM | #19
thank you for all the replys..

Stathor
01.19.2012 , 12:04 PM | #20
You can actually do this right now with an Iphone/ Ipad or Android, basically all your doing is remote controlling your home pc which of coarse needs to be up and running the game, any type of remote control software like VNC which is free can do this.
There is also some youtube videos of people doing this.