Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Feature Request: Crew Skill App for Android.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
New Feature Request: Crew Skill App for Android.

jrwizzard
01.17.2012 , 06:49 PM | #1
I couldn't find a good place to submit this request, so I thought I would post it here, get some feedback, and maybe an op would see it and put it in the right place for me.

I want an App for Android/iphone that will allow me to manage my crew skills eg send them on missions, and craft things.

It should sync with the security app so i dont have to switch back and forth to enter the key.

maybe another incentive for those that use a security key?

Randomness
01.17.2012 , 06:51 PM | #2
In theory, such an app already exists...

but probably runs far too slowly to be practical.

Look up remote desktop :P. It may not actually work right with a game, but I've never tried.

jrwizzard
01.17.2012 , 08:02 PM | #3
yeah.. umm.. not a viable work around..

BoredSolo
01.17.2012 , 08:11 PM | #4
InGame on MSNBC has a vote-in for this on the Iphone. With a 87% approval rate when I voted on it. Would be nice to be able to send out you companions while you where at work.
Violaters will be Shot! Survivors will be Shot again!

Wurtog
01.17.2012 , 08:23 PM | #5
I couldn't agree more with this suggestion. I had a similar idea the other day and was looking for a spot in game to make the suggestion (seems like enhancement ideas is an commission from the in game help system). Give us a crafting / mission app!

Kelticfury
01.17.2012 , 08:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jrwizzard View Post
I couldn't find a good place to submit this request, so I thought I would post it here, get some feedback, and maybe an op would see it and put it in the right place for me.

I want an App for Android/iphone that will allow me to manage my crew skills eg send them on missions, and craft things.

It should sync with the security app so i dont have to switch back and forth to enter the key.

maybe another incentive for those that use a security key?
So you want to do crew skills while not in the game? Basically power level up your crafting?

I wouldn't exactly call that fair. I doubt it would ever be implemented.

silvacrest
01.17.2012 , 08:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
So you want to do crew skills while not in the game? Basically power level up your crafting?

I wouldn't exactly call that fair. I doubt it would ever be implemented.
i dont see it as power levelling, for those already at 400 skill they would just be gathering, its the equivalent of login on every hour or so just to send out your crew, if your at work/whatever this is not practical

this app would stop the time you would waste sending/managing crew tasks so you can focus on actual gameplay

even if your not at 400 skill i still dont see it as power levelling because you are better of right clicking nodes while sending your crew out to maximise your return

BoredSolo
01.17.2012 , 09:11 PM | #8
As you would be sending out your crew to do missions and/or crafting items while you were not ingame. You wouldn't be earning any Credits to pay for the missions.
It would be like signing on and sending them out while on the job without running the risk of being fired for doing so.
I don't see a real problem with this.
Violaters will be Shot! Survivors will be Shot again!

Soshla
01.17.2012 , 09:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BoredSolo View Post
As you would be sending out your crew to do missions and/or crafting items while you were not ingame. You wouldn't be earning any Credits to pay for the missions.
It would be like signing on and sending them out while on the job without running the risk of being fired for doing so.
I don't see a real problem with this.
Not everyone has an iPhone/Android? And this puts them at a substantial disadvantage in terms of crafting output?

It's just silly. I have an Android phone and I don't want this feature because I don't think it's fair for people who don't have a smartphone. If it was Windows Phone 7 only, would you guys still support it?

Malmalmal
01.17.2012 , 09:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Soshla View Post
Not everyone has an iPhone/Android? And this puts them at a substantial disadvantage in terms of crafting output?

It's just silly. I have an Android phone and I don't want this feature because I don't think it's fair for people who don't have a smartphone. If it was Windows Phone 7 only, would you guys still support it?
Not everyone runs the game on a widescreen monitor or has a gamepad/gaming mouse either. WoW has the mobile armory that you can pay to access the Auction House with: I don't think that what the OP proposes is out of line.