Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tharan thinks he's my boyfriend.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Tharan thinks he's my boyfriend.

dronepilot
01.18.2012 , 08:14 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorCaprion View Post
No, no, seriously. I'm actually just posting this here to see if any other female Consulars had this issue.

My Jedi Shadow uses Tharan as her companion exclusively, since his healiness works well with my hurtiness. As such, he's gotten the bulk of my affection points. During one of our on-ship discussions, he flirts with me, and I let him down as gently as I possibly could. I got a -1 affection and he dejectedly said he had other business to attend to, and that was the end of the conversation.

During our very next conversation, Tharan informs me that our "liason" has to come to an end. I thought this was just part of his personality, like "playing hard to get? Surely you want me!" But based on my conversation options it would seem as though it was serious; the game seemed to think I had romantic interest in Tharan, despite avoiding any possible choices that could reflect it.

Having played Knights of the Old Republic and both Dragon Ages, I know how the in-game flirtation tends to work, so I feel like I was choosing properly to keep from leading the poor guy on.

Has anybody else had this situation pop up? Is it a bug?
No its not just you, he also hit on Nadia as well, poor girl, I had to talk to her about the birds and the bees. - wow that guy is a slime ball.

omniarcan
01.18.2012 , 08:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by dronepilot View Post
No its not just you, he also hit on Nadia as well, poor girl, I had to talk to her about the birds and the bees. - wow that guy is a slime ball.
It always worries me (male consular here) when I find her in the same room (I think its where they go to craft on-ship) as Theran. I mean, we're married, and I respect the guy, since he's actually my second highest affection, but I don't trust the womanizer in him at all.

Eliezer
01.18.2012 , 09:04 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorCaprion View Post
That's good to know! I'm holding out for Nadia, anyway!
You do realize that there are currently no same gender romance options, and when and if they do add them, they will not be retroactive to existing companions? That they'll add new heteroflexible companions in an ex-pac?

SpankyMcFlych
01.18.2012 , 09:07 AM | #14
I have this problem with nadia. I've tried to let her down as gently as possible in our various conversations and yet somehow she's all over me and the conversation options I now get all seem to assume that I feel the same way.

What kind of monster seduces (or gets relentlessly seduced by) his own padawan? She's not even that appealing. Clingy, needy, whiny, need I go on? The option to romance our padawans was a terrible choice imho. Like psychologists seducing patients, or bosses their underlings. Anyone with authority over someone else can't really enter into a healthy relationship with them.

And yet here I am stuck with only one choice for the story romance. My ship's a sausagefest. I kinda feel sorry for nadia in a way. Betcha she's stuck doing all the laundry and cooking...

ok that was sexist. I'm sorry.

Llostris
01.18.2012 , 09:22 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jalyra View Post
In his mind, it was a liaison. You may have done nothing, but in his mind, he thinks he's god's gift to women, so you are no different. Jedi or not.
That's exactly what he thinks. Here is the proof.

[Minor spoiler]

After finishing Iresso romance arc (I recommned it to every female consular out there - it's actually quite good) I had a talk with Tharan during which he "makes a move".

Not wanting to cheat on Iresso (and knowing from the forum how Tharan's thing ends) I turned Tharan down telling him that he already has Holiday as a partner.

There was a long pause after which Tharan took offence and told me "he has to go". I think he's ego got hit pretty hard. I'm wondring why he haven't left the ship yet.

ZenBones
01.18.2012 , 10:21 AM | #16
If it's anything like the Nadia storyline, you're automatically in a relationship unless you specifically are cruel right up-front.
Jedi Consular Shadow - "Sounds dangerous. I'll take care of it."
May the farce be with you.

SilentKitty
01.18.2012 , 11:35 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Llostris View Post
That's exactly what he thinks. Here is the proof.

[Minor spoiler]

After finishing Iresso romance arc (I recommned it to every female consular out there - it's actually quite good) I had a talk with Tharan during which he "makes a move".

Not wanting to cheat on Iresso (and knowing from the forum how Tharan's thing ends) I turned Tharan down telling him that he already has Holiday as a partner.

There was a long pause after which Tharan took offence and told me "he has to go". I think he's ego got hit pretty hard. I'm wondring why he haven't left the ship yet.

Ohh... I am very very happy to hear that about Iresso, only seen one or two clips of him on youtube but I really like his voice. My girl is pretty small but it's nice to know that she has Iresso to look forward to =)

KennethHoover
01.18.2012 , 11:37 AM | #18
Yeah, he was hitting on my female Sage as well. She wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship with some creepy guy who is more interested in his virtual girlfriend Holiday. That guy has some serious issues, haha. :P
"I need an Ewok to fetch me coffee and donuts."

My professional writing blog: http://kennethmarkhoover.me

hadoken
01.18.2012 , 11:49 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Eliezer View Post
You do realize that there are currently no same gender romance options, and when and if they do add them, they will not be retroactive to existing companions? That they'll add new heteroflexible companions in an ex-pac?
Nobody realizes this because it is complete speculation on your part.

Dominoris
01.18.2012 , 12:02 PM | #20
I wish it were not this way, but it is strongly implied. In the same sex responses from Bioware they say that a future content patch will add new companions with same sex romance options. Yet they never say if existing companions will be retro fitted or left as they are. So based on the absence of evidence, one can infer that they will not be changed. But as you say, it is still speculation at this point since neither option has been stated.
Clones are people two.