Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tharan thinks he's my boyfriend.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular
Tharan thinks he's my boyfriend.

ProfessorCaprion
01.17.2012 , 04:59 PM | #1
No, no, seriously. I'm actually just posting this here to see if any other female Consulars had this issue.

My Jedi Shadow uses Tharan as her companion exclusively, since his healiness works well with my hurtiness. As such, he's gotten the bulk of my affection points. During one of our on-ship discussions, he flirts with me, and I let him down as gently as I possibly could. I got a -1 affection and he dejectedly said he had other business to attend to, and that was the end of the conversation.

During our very next conversation, Tharan informs me that our "liason" has to come to an end. I thought this was just part of his personality, like "playing hard to get? Surely you want me!" But based on my conversation options it would seem as though it was serious; the game seemed to think I had romantic interest in Tharan, despite avoiding any possible choices that could reflect it.

Having played Knights of the Old Republic and both Dragon Ages, I know how the in-game flirtation tends to work, so I feel like I was choosing properly to keep from leading the poor guy on.

Has anybody else had this situation pop up? Is it a bug?

Deedre
01.17.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2
Don't sweat it, Holiday cracked the whip and that's the end of it.

I actually did romance him, but that oversexed holo doesn't like to share.

ProfessorCaprion
01.17.2012 , 05:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Deedre View Post
Don't sweat it, Holiday cracked the whip and that's the end of it.

I actually did romance him, but that oversexed holo doesn't like to share.
That's good to know! I'm holding out for Nadia, anyway!

Jalyra
01.17.2012 , 05:04 PM | #4
In his mind, it was a liaison. You may have done nothing, but in his mind, he thinks he's god's gift to women, so you are no different. Jedi or not.

I love his personality!

RraBarashta
01.17.2012 , 05:42 PM | #5
I have the exact same problem with Tharan. He hit on me and I told him hell no, and now he's trying to break up with me. I've cancelled the conversation and submitted a bug report, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I had thought maybe it was because I gave him a courting companion gift, since he's the only one who seems to accept them.

ProfessorCaprion
01.17.2012 , 06:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by RraBarashta View Post
I have the exact same problem with Tharan. He hit on me and I told him hell no, and now he's trying to break up with me. I've cancelled the conversation and submitted a bug report, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

I had thought maybe it was because I gave him a courting companion gift, since he's the only one who seems to accept them.
I didn't even do THAT much; the only gifts I gave him were Luxury, Technology and Underworld Goods.

RraBarashta
01.17.2012 , 06:12 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by ProfessorCaprion View Post
I didn't even do THAT much; the only gifts I gave him were Luxury, Technology and Underworld Goods.
Oh good, then it is a bug. I was afraid I had accidentally started the romance and I wouldn't be able to undo it.

ProfessorCaprion
01.17.2012 , 06:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by RraBarashta View Post
Oh good, then it is a bug. I was afraid I had accidentally started the romance and I wouldn't be able to undo it.
I DO like the theory that it's just him thinking you were his girlfriend, regardless... but the conversation choices you're given in response don't seem to indicate that's the case.

lordhelmos
01.17.2012 , 09:29 PM | #9
This is awesome and hilarious,

Spoiler

Kitru
01.18.2012 , 12:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by lordhelmos View Post
Spoiler
Knowing Tharan, this would probably *gain* him affection since, if he thinks he had a relationship with you even after you continually flat our rejected him (I did the same), he probably also thinks he has a chance to get together with the both of you at once.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.