Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifice - Sheild Generator

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Artifice - Sheild Generator

Sabrel
12.14.2011 , 05:41 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by GenXCub View Post
Which is exactly what I said above. I just want to make sure it's not Shieldpocalypse Butthurt 2012 because something's not quite right with Artifice crafting.
It's just incomplete itemization. Annoying (particularly considering the fact that BW has been told about it for months, and through at least 3 builds), but hardly unusual for a fresh MMO.

Yatzol
12.14.2011 , 11:35 PM | #12
Look on torhead crew skills schematics they have everything thats in game now and generators with will power are there as well

Krevnik
12.15.2011 , 12:29 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Yatzol View Post
Look on torhead crew skills schematics they have everything thats in game now and generators with will power are there as well
Out of 26 shield generators listed on Torhead via Artifice:

- 17 come from skill trainers. None of these include a Shadow/Assassin shield.

- 9 come from schematics, i.e. Slicing and mission skills. These are prototype-quality. 3 of these are Willpower shields.

It's a fairly big gap in itemization, and forces someone leveling as this type of tank to chase the schematics if they want to create their own shield generator.

Regault
12.15.2011 , 12:38 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sabrel View Post
It's just incomplete itemization. Annoying (particularly considering the fact that BW has been told about it for months, and through at least 3 builds), but hardly unusual for a fresh MMO.
Compared to WoW (Where 90% of the mail armor in Vanilla was for Shamans, making them wasted drops for Alliance) the game is off to a pretty solid start for itemization. My only complaints are the lack of willpower shields and the tendency for Guardian tank gear to emphasize Accuracy and Defense over the better scaling Shield and Absorb.