Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really...? Zombies?

ujiomizuko
01.17.2012 , 02:31 PM | #21
If anything, I wish they would add an optional faction, available to 'join' as sith or republic, the rhakghoul/zombie faction! Would be interesting to say the least getting a "corruption" effect on your characters face/features, and being able to kill either republic or sith players lol. Would certainly satiate the FFA PVP lovers (myself included)
Ujio Mizuko, tempest refugee.

Strina
01.17.2012 , 02:32 PM | #22
New patch is just fine...
If Bioware released new flashpoint inside a spaceship people would complain how we have another indoor instance.
If Bioware released a flashpoint with robots as enemies people would complain about how boring those enemies are.
If Bioware released a flashpoint with a ghost town infested with rakghouls people would complain about rakghouls reminding them of zombies.

Oh come on
Name: Potemayo
Server: Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Faction: Empire
Class: Bounty Hunter, Mercenary

Zemeckiss
01.17.2012 , 02:35 PM | #23
Red Harvest? Aw... that one was kinda lame... and not only because...
... Han and Chewie where not in it. ;-

Foxfirega
01.17.2012 , 02:40 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Seravie View Post
Also Red Harvest which is set in the Old Republic era.
Ding.

Also suggested that the whole thing started due to ancient Sith Sorcery in the first place, so, it's fine as far as I'm concerned.

Just as long as it stays limited to this one series of missions/etc.
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Zemeckiss
01.17.2012 , 02:47 PM | #25
Considering how glad I was to FINALLY leave Taris, I'd be happy if I never saw another G.D.M.F'ing Rakgoul again...;(

Theodwulf
01.17.2012 , 03:11 PM | #26
If it wasn't in a Movie it's not cannon, you want to know how I know that , Because George Lucas does NOT consider it cannon.

Ole George discarded mountains of EU "cannon" when he made the prequels. This doesn't make many of the EU books bad, some are excellent, BUT only the Movies are Cannon.
EALouse was right !!

mminczes
01.17.2012 , 03:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodwulf View Post
If it wasn't in a Movie it's not cannon, you want to know how I know that , Because George Lucas does NOT consider it cannon.

Ole George discarded mountains of EU "cannon" when he made the prequels. This doesn't make many of the EU books bad, some are excellent, BUT only the Movies are Cannon.
I think the word you're looking for is canon.

Foxfirega
01.17.2012 , 03:19 PM | #28

Goal post movement, go!

The Death Trooper bit was brought up in direct response to someone saying that games aren't 'real' canon and implying that books are.

Whole series of novels about it, one of which takes place in the Old Republic (in even the same block as TOR itself).

Fun fact, this game is built off EU canon. The fact it uses it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Clarification EDIT: Red Harvest was written to take place in 3,645BBY, whereas the game starts in 3,643BBY to 3,641BBY at present. So the events of the book take place two years before the game starts, and therefore...
'Your name is in the mouth of others - be sure it has teeth.' - Maxim 16, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Kharnis
01.17.2012 , 03:19 PM | #29

Wrong. Lucas does consider it canon. He discounts the EU in places because it is not in keeping with his vision of what Star Wars is. And since he owns the story, you can't deny that he has every right to accept or discard whatever he wishes. Plus:

Coruscant
Aayla Secura
Quinlan Vos

These are but three examples of Lucas taking something from the EU and making them official canon that cannot be changed by anyone other than himself.
Proud member of "The Loose Canons" Cartel.
Fan Fics
Completed:
Ongoing:

LadyNightArrow
01.17.2012 , 03:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Strina View Post
New patch is just fine...
If Bioware released new flashpoint inside a spaceship people would complain how we have another indoor instance.
If Bioware released a flashpoint with robots as enemies people would complain about how boring those enemies are.
If Bioware released a flashpoint with a ghost town infested with rakghouls people would complain about rakghouls reminding them of zombies.

Oh come on
Just goes to show you can't please everyone. There will always be those who QQ about everything, as though they have nothing better to do.