Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Searing Saber not adding 30% crit damage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Searing Saber not adding 30% crit damage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GrimMage
01.20.2012 , 12:24 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by DeltaGun View Post
I'm trying to get the dev's attention, isn't that obvious?

You guys are thick. Why you care whether or not I am personally trying to get the devs attention I will never understand.
Because it doesnt work that way.
iŻi▀▀▀▀▀iŻi‾°δ‾‾Pך▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇◗ CE

DeltaGun
01.20.2012 , 12:47 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by GrimMage View Post
Because it doesnt work that way.
Not true. I replied to a dev on another thread and got a direct response to my inquiry.

Spiggeh
01.20.2012 , 05:39 AM | #63
Also removing it from my talent line til they fix it.

Spiggeh
01.20.2012 , 05:45 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
Hi guys,

We'll look into this.

-- Georg
Thank you kindly.

yillin
01.20.2012 , 05:46 AM | #65
I was curious about this so I refunded my skill points and skilled up to before picking up Bleedout (whatever the sent name is). It isn't adding +30% to crit bleed/burn damage. It is just adding a flat +30% to bleed/burn damage.

All of the following numbers are for the DoT of Rupture. DD has been ignored.

Without Bleedout:
Rupture: 389 (64 per tick on a 0% internal defense person)
Rupture (with full Juyo stacks): 427 (71 per tick on a 0% internal defense person)
Rupture Crit at 53% crit modifier: 109 per crit tick

This is where it gets weird

With Bleedout:
Rupture: 505 (84 per tick)
Rupture (with full Juyo stacks): 616(?!) (102 per tick)
Rupture Crit at 53% crit modifier: 156 per crit tick

Notice that the increase of 389 to 427 is indeed 10%. Also notice that 389 to 505 is a 30% increase in damage. So, the first and only real question is: Why did my rupture increase by nearly 22% (which is a 220% increase over the original 10% damage increase of Juyo stacks) after full Juyo Stacks and what about Bleedout is causing this to happen?

ChimDeathmonkey
01.20.2012 , 09:06 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhorx View Post
After some testing with both Cauterize and Overload Saber i seem to only get the crit bonus from Surge Rating, Searing Saber doesn't add 30% crit damage.

Is this some known bug? Or the tooltip being outdated on the talent? Googling it came up blank.
I have been following this thread since it started, and I wanted to thank Zhorx for bringing it to our communities attention. The fact the Devs are looking into it gives it some validity.
Spoiler

Kyromoo
01.20.2012 , 09:08 AM | #67
I ran my tests with Overload Saber/Deadly Saber, because Cauterize/Rupture has Repelling Blows/Deep Wounds affecting it, which may be throwing off your numbers, depending on how you ran your test there.
12/1/2011
RIP OPOD

avpan
01.20.2012 , 10:19 AM | #68
Helping to bump this because this is a really huge bug to ignore.

CameronWinston
01.20.2012 , 10:52 AM | #69 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by yillin View Post
I was curious about this so I refunded my skill points and skilled up to before picking up Bleedout (whatever the sent name is). It isn't adding +30% to crit bleed/burn damage. It is just adding a flat +30% to bleed/burn damage.
This is exactly what is going on. In an upcoming patch, this will correctly add to crit damage of bleed/burn effects instead of base damage. To compensate, Plamsa Blades / Hemorrhage will contribute more base damage to bleed/burn effects. This will result in a slight overall increase in damage output.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

-Cameron

Vegathegreat
01.20.2012 , 10:57 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by CameronWinston View Post
This is exactly what is going on. In an upcoming patch, this will correctly add to crit damage of bleed/burn effects instead of base damage. To compensate, Plamsa Blades / Hemorrhage will contribute more base damage to bleed/burn effects. This will result in a slight overall increase in damage output.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

-Cameron
interesting.....