Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why the way Early Game Access was deployed is wrong and punishes low income grps:

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Why the way Early Game Access was deployed is wrong and punishes low income grps:

Rhayge
12.14.2011 , 01:10 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieCo View Post
The underlying problem with EGA is the fact that if you did not have the cash to shell out 60$ USD + tax on a game until a bit later in the year you are getting punished. I have 3 kids and xmas is coming fast! I don't have enough money to be spending on games all the time. In fact I barely manage to make my dang mortgage payments at the moment thanks to the amount property taxes were raised this year… but I digress...
As was stated elsewhere, most retailers do not require anything to pre-order a game, and if they do, it's typically a small deposit of about $5. So your entire arguement implying that BW is issuing some kind of 'punishment' based on financial means is completely invalid. Wait your turn like everyone else and be happy for whatever early access you get - it's a benefit, not a right.
Agent Xhex Galere - Guild Leader

== ANATHEMA ==
Website || Apply Casual Progression | Adult | PVE | US - EST

rbickel
12.14.2011 , 01:22 PM | #12
Yupp.. I pre-ordered from Bestbuy and doing a pickup on release day. They put a pending charge on my CC and havent taken a dime yet. Either way... If you're really that strapped for cash... Maybe you really shouldnt be investing the time nor money in video games, or at least try to plan better in the future... Take it as a learning experience if not anything.
[DARK] iKenn
SWG-Corbantis
| Dark Legion | Dark Legion's Home Site
PVP, Republic, US-EST | Mission Statement
~Strength through Unity | Established 1998

Rulari
12.14.2011 , 02:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieCo View Post
The underlying problem with EGA is the fact that if you did not have the cash to shell out 60$ USD + tax on a game until a bit later in the year you are getting punished. I have 3 kids and xmas is coming fast!

-ZombieCo
I pre-ordered the $80 version in July and it cost me a whopping $5 at the time. If you have to budget that it is not Bioware you should be mad at!

Darthorka
12.14.2011 , 02:06 PM | #14
i am leet cuz i had five bucks.. AYEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWW
"Use the fork, Frederick"
»»───(your knee)───► - Taekwondoboy

Yatzol
12.14.2011 , 02:08 PM | #15
He's not complaining he's just stating his opinion and is hoping that some one in CUSTOMER SERVICE gives a damn to bring it to the attention of some one in charge . Remember like your all so fond of saying now one cares what you think if yer in go play and leave him alone if yer not then your in the same boat as he is cross your fingers that some one feels gracious enough to maybe expidite the early access abit or just S T F U

JansanRuno
12.14.2011 , 02:14 PM | #16
Fail. It cost $5 to get a pre order code.

Fogal
12.14.2011 , 02:20 PM | #17
The game costs the same whether you buy it early or late.

The pre-order costs 5 bucks.

These are 2 separate products.

I bought the game and pre-order late so my rollout is delayed. I'm not poor. I'm a procrastinator. So I would say the game punishes procrastinators.

--
Fogal
The Original Gamesta

Larishet
12.14.2011 , 02:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by MIKEDS View Post
I'm in the same group, broke *** college kid, but you won't see me complaining. You knew this entire time it would be based upon how early you preordered, its one f#cking week dude
Just like your reply fanboy.

Why can't guild members level up together? Because Bioware says they can't...

benseac
12.14.2011 , 02:22 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Mack View Post
So glad I'm out!!!
As am I.

Poximo
12.14.2011 , 02:23 PM | #20
Well I totallt stopped caring the moment you mention you have 3 kids.

Dude I know kids are fun making but you have to take care of them to so i don't really feel bad for you when you're complaing about not having enough money.