Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper storyline.

Jgibso
01.17.2012 , 12:00 PM | #1
Hey all,

I am a new player and I don't have a really deep knowledge about Star Wars lore.
I have a question about the trooper story-line:

Spoiler

I feel like I missed something. Does this get explained later?

VoxTheHero
01.17.2012 , 12:34 PM | #2
The Seperatists are supporting independence mostly. They want nothing to do with the Empire or the Republic.
Squadron 367 Veteran
My DevArt
Karnel Fass: Jedi Guardian

Lyriara
01.17.2012 , 12:36 PM | #3
The separatists on Ord Mantell are trying to leave the Republic, not the Sith Empire. However, during all the prologue, we hear that the separatists claim not to be working with the Sith, as this would be a breach of the peace treaty. As the trooper, you find otherwise.

AlyxDinas
01.17.2012 , 12:46 PM | #4
The general purpose behind the separatist movement on Ord Mantell is the removal of the corrupt government that is oppressing them. The corrupt local planetary government and, by extension, the Republic which has done nothing to curb its excess and crimes.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Jgibso
01.17.2012 , 03:01 PM | #5
Oh,
thanks all.
Upon rereading the prologue notes, I realize I misunderstood the situation.
It says "influential star systems break away from the millennial old alliance, angered over the Senates treaty with the Sith empire." Considering the Civil war on Ord Mantell is between "loyal Republic citizens" and violent separatists, I just assumed the separatists where jumping onto the "no treaty," bandwagon.