Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark side choices...how do you feel about them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Dark side choices...how do you feel about them?

grania
01.17.2012 , 02:29 PM | #11
Sometimes the dark options make me feel bad, and sometimes they make me feel euphoric Depends on what they are. I'm not generally a malicious person but I certainly value the concept of retribution. The flesh raiders are killing the villagers? Heck ya I'm going to throw one on the barbeque.
--,-'-{## ##}-'-,--

abishe
01.17.2012 , 02:56 PM | #12
personaly, this whole Dark/Light makes me uneasy.
In reality nothing is so black or white, TBH this whole system is screwed
only 2 out posability's, and both are 2 extreme.

rajahkhan
01.17.2012 , 03:05 PM | #13
It's funny, I've had the exact opposite reaction. When first starting out, it felt a bit uncomfortable making dark choices. Now, I get a kick out of it.

That's how the character is developing, and it gives her her own personality different from any of the other alts I have.

DirtyDiggler
01.17.2012 , 03:47 PM | #14
I killed everyone and everybody I could, it was fun...

Show no mercy,

LyriaFrost
01.17.2012 , 03:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ejadavidson View Post
Oh, I'm exactly the same way with Nefarie, she's a sorceress as well. I'm polite to non-sith people (Khem hates that). I let The Flame go, and even though the commander was almost frothing at the mouth, I just told him basically to shut up and deal with it. Way back on Korriban I let the Jedi go and told him about the plan. I did kill that one commander's sith son in the prison on Balmorra because he was an arrogant jerk. I didn't feel bad about that at all, though I did feel a little bad about kill his dad.
Yeah, I've done the same stuff. I let the force-sensitive people go on balmorra, too. I killed the guy's kid, too, cause he was such an incredibly arrogant putz, and I didn't feel like rewarding his behavior. And yeah, his dad took it badly. Poor guy. I let the scientist go who made the serum, too, and Khem HATED that. I got like -120 affection for it.

Every now and then I'll pipe up in general chat when Khem particularly dislikes what I do with something along the lines of "*bonks Khem on the head* Yeah, I know, I'm not Tulak Hord. But you're not a cute twi'lek girl who follows me around making snarky comments. We both live with disappointment."

Quote:
Have you tried several conversation options? Sometimes I'll hit escape during the conversation and try different options because sometimes your character says something different than what you think they're going to say. I'll keep an eye for this woman. I have more class quests on Nar Shaddaa yet, and then off to Tatooine. Can't wait to meet Andronikos Revel =D
I usually esc out and go recheck the other options if what the voice actor says doesn't mesh up with what I thought they'd say by the option text.

I just picked up Revel last night. He's interesting so far. My favorite is one of the guys he's after is babbling, and I said "Oh just kill him, it'll shut him up!" and I got like 230 affection for it.

GaanSundown
04.18.2012 , 03:53 AM | #16
I only have 2 characters so far. One good, one bad.

I, personally, me, do not "feel" anything any differently than one feels emotions while reading an exciting book. I simply imagine the story of how this character feels, and depending on what actually happens during the game's story, I either resolve to make my own choice/outcome in my head (SOLELY because I know what personality that character has and whether or not they could possibly agree with any of the choices in the game), or just watch what happens as if it were a movie, and accept the story the game is telling me.

If I could make it so, my "dark" character would be even MORE cruel and unforgiving, in her own way... and there are reasons why. No one she has met has ever known anything close to what happened to her. The dialogue options presented in the game are almost never exactly what she would say. (Especially the constantly repeated "filler" dialogue that sometimes accompanies unique text choices, although that's very understandable because this is an MMO and they can only make so many lines.) I just pretend she says her own things, and click on the one that works best for her. (And gives me the most dark side points so I can get the Praxon Xeno. )

She has, however, surprised me with certain choices she's made, the path she almost traveled, and the way her life unfolded.

For example... they completely changed my own character's personality, against what I had previously imagined, by giving her a turning point when they made a scene involving a certain companion's fall to the dark side... I didn't even know my character was going to do that. But who am I to change it? Even if I wanted to in my own mind, I couldn't. She loved every moment of it.

Velaran
04.18.2012 , 04:52 AM | #17
I'm not very far into the story, only lvl 24 with my Sith Inquisiter, but I really REALLY wanted Nefarie, my sith inquisiter, to kill Darth Lachris the 'mayor' of Balmorra. I disliked her intensly, and really disliked her treating me like her errand monkey so I actually refused her last quest. Too bad there wasn't an option to cauterize her throat with a lighsaber.

I want to kill Zash. And Khem certainly doesn't like her. For now I have to put up with her, but I have a feeling her time will come.

Other than that, Nefarie is a 'good' sith, if that isn't an oxymoron. I only kill people who are arrogant, mouthy jerks.

I have over 2000 light points and 150 dark. My character hates the Impire anyway, how could she like a form of government that made her a slave? For now, it suits her to go along, but she does whatever she can, however small, to undermine it.
Hmm. I imagine that my Sith Warrior, (who is also Light Sided, but is fiercely loyal to the Empire, and is constantly trying to improve it) would like to have a word with you.

Especially once The Hand gets word of your dealings.

Edit:
Quote: Originally Posted by LyriaFrost View Post
I felt the same way, playing my sorceress. She clearly looks down on you so much. I wanted to just stab her in the face, and say "You know, I've killed one darth already. What's one more?"

My sorceress is a "light" sith too. She treats non-sith politely (unless they're jerks), is friendly with the soldiers and working people, tells them to stop calling her "my lord" and such (at least when the dialogue gives me the option). With sith? It's the exact opposite. She treats them like garbage, and thinks nothing of them. She'd happily carve a swath through their whole power structure.
You too. Seriously, the Wrath pretty much exists to kill people like you.

On topic, at least 80% of the Dark Side choices here are just stupidly evil.

Arravan
04.18.2012 , 08:30 AM | #18
Personnaly, it depends on the decision itself. I'm playing my Sith as dark as possible AND making sure I always choose decisions that would help the Empire and/or damage the Republic.

That being said, most of the time I can choose the Dark Side with no problem. There does come times when my concience gets the better of me and makes me regret those decision. Two examples that come to mind involve a unfathful woman in Balmora and ships filled with refugees on Taris.

Teddygram
04.18.2012 , 08:42 AM | #19
I just started Nar Shad on my IA and, at the end of the quest where you're given the option to kill and be rich or refrain and let the person walk, I was actually pretty torn. My IA has 0 dark points and I was tempted to break that streak because the person in question was an incompetent idiot and really did deserve to die. But I felt killing them for money was the wrong reason. They needed to be punished by a higher authority.

That being said, I would have liked to see an option to kill Lachris. She would have taken a snipe shot to the face and I wouldn't have felt bad in any way, form, or fashion.
The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. ~ Qui-Gon Jin

redfurry
04.18.2012 , 08:58 AM | #20
I'm not very far into the story, only lvl 24 with my Sith Inquisiter, but I really REALLY wanted Nefarie, my sith inquisiter, to kill Darth Lachris the 'mayor' of Balmorra. I disliked her intensly, and really disliked her treating me like her errand monkey so I actually refused her last quest. Too bad there wasn't an option to cauterize her throat with a lighsaber.
There is another class story in which you meet her under... different circumstances. You may enjoy it.
Spoiler

About the original post: I try to go Dark Side with some of my characters, just to try different things. But some decisions do make me feel uncomfortable. And some of them I cannot bring myself to do it - one would be the Coruscant slicer girl from the Smuggler class story.
I have not played much Empire side, but it does seem to come more naturally. My Rattataki Inquisitor has been enslaved, and everyone around him insult him and call him a slave at every turn. Anger flows, and anger makes him strong in the Force, and the first chance he gets, they will all fry!!