Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best West Coast US PvP Server: Swiftsure

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best West Coast US PvP Server: Swiftsure

Beilin
12.13.2011 , 08:14 AM | #1
I ran the statistics and Swiftsure is not only in the top 3 PvP servers for the US West.

-Lots of guilds that can run 24 man raids but not many that have more than 80 pre-registered

-Good Play time for the US West time zone

-Oceanic has thrown thier hat into this server as well so it gives constant PvP 24hours a day

-You dont have to play with the some of the guilds that have a less than stellar rep.

All in all after running the figures This looks like the best choice. So come join the fun

greydude
12.13.2011 , 08:17 AM | #2
...And all of your numbers are moot because of oceanic moving to this server. GL with the imbalance. As I understand it, there is going to be a whole lot of that going around because of the server shuffling guilds are doing. Don't believe the numbers, so many guilds are server shifting that nothing listed on this site is correct as of day 1.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. ~Albert Einstein

Niccii
12.13.2011 , 08:35 AM | #3
Server is full...

Miyuki
12.13.2011 , 11:19 AM | #4
I would agree with some of these statements - our alliance was cut roughly in half (1500 or so), and those guilds are rolling on SS (Swiftsure) manually and remaking guild there.

The impact of AUS players is minimal, as they have vastly different peak times - but good for people like me (in Japan) so the server isnt dead when I am on. Basically this means the server will be jumpin at all times.

Sure, it can mean it will be high population, but this also means that it's far less likely SS will be cut/merged when popularity wanes and servers start to become redundant.

On the flip side, some of the guilds currently assigned to SS are in fact rerolling on their own alliance primary servers (not SS), so it'll prolly balance out some.

Still, as the numbers show now, guild wise its 1.8 sith for every 1 republic.
Miyuki | Paying | Mikii | Sakura | Eddis | Negotiator | Wifflesnap
Guildmaster, Northland Alliance
Bastion Server
Life in Japan: A Canadian's Perspective Blog

NoseNuggets
12.13.2011 , 11:45 AM | #5
This seems reasonable. And with all the oceanic players - at least pvp wont be dead in the wee hours.

Prplppleatr
12.13.2011 , 11:48 AM | #6
Hell Yea WEST SIDE FTW...ill be there
Exiled Elite
US-WEST PvP & PvE Sith

NoseNuggets
12.13.2011 , 01:35 PM | #7
anyone able to log in and look at the pops?

Miyuki
12.15.2011 , 07:53 PM | #8
SS and Harbinger are both HEAVY to FULL every time I have checked since day 1 wave 4.

I have been told that the display for this is bogus however, as others who check at the same time (who are on our Mumble server) show differently.

For Republic, I do know that the population dips substantially around 11pm-1am PST. Even with the other oceanic people getting on it's still noticably less crouded. I do not know about sith side.
Miyuki | Paying | Mikii | Sakura | Eddis | Negotiator | Wifflesnap
Guildmaster, Northland Alliance
Bastion Server
Life in Japan: A Canadian's Perspective Blog

Evuke
12.15.2011 , 08:14 PM | #9
our guild just announced it is relocating from sith on the fatman, to republic on the swiftsure, we're trying to make swiftsure the go-to balanced pvp server.

i work night shift too so having the aussies there will be great, i won't be alone when i play during the day!

there may be queues initially, but all the good servers always have queues for the first few weeks, after the initial free month the queues go away too with all the drifters and mmo hoppers departing, leaving a healthy pop

Skiveron
12.15.2011 , 08:34 PM | #10
I like how someone announces their server is the "best" and then will complain about queue times 2 days down the road.