Simple Solution, New Servers

Magnks

I think an easy way to satisfy players that didn't get early access is to make a few new servers available on the 20th.

This way everybody starts at the same time and nobody will be a week behind in progression.

I really dont mind waiting until the 20th to play, I just don't want to be a week behind everyone else, that defeats the purpose of pre-ordering a game doesn't it?

I know im QQ'ing, but I just want to start on an even plane with everyone else on my server :)

So the game hasn't released yet "officially" and people are already complaining that there isn't going to be enough servers?

They'll be fine.

We all know how it goes with new MMOs.

After 2 months they have to close half their servers because everyone stops playing.

Now, I don't know how SWTOR is going to be in 2 months, but I do hope they have to invest in new servers by then, because the game is so awesome that everyone wants a piece of the action.

I think an easy way to satisfy players that didn't get early access is to make a few new servers available on the 20th.

This way everybody starts at the same time and nobody will be a week behind in progression.

I really dont mind waiting until the 20th to play, I just don't want to be a week behind everyone else, that defeats the purpose of pre-ordering a game doesn't it?

I know im QQ'ing, but I just want to start on an even plane with everyone else on my server :)

I agree.

So the game hasn't released yet "officially" and people are already complaining that there isn't going to be enough servers?

I think you misunderstood my post. I don't want new servers because of overpopulation

I want a few new servers so im not a week or two behind everyone else in progression(gear, level, currency).

Simple solution: learn to honor agreements you make in advance instead of changing everything, then pretending like the other party has wronged you.

You're getting exactly what you were promised and paid for. What makes you think you deserve more, beyond being a kid?

You buy BioWare some new servers to use and I'm sure they would use them. :D

I honestly never realized there were so many people that worried about being a week or 2 behind.

No wonder MMOs have such a hard time. 2 weeks after the game has launched no one wants to join because they will be 'behind'

Im suprised anyone rolls alts at all.

Man if only there were going to be some noew people joining on the 20th to group with.

Edited by Shadyne

I honestly never realized there were so many people that worried about being a week or 2 behind.

No wonder MMOs have such a hard time. 2 weeks after the game has launched no one wants to join because they will be 'behind'

Im suprised anyone rolls alts at all.

No one's really worried about this. It's their latest, desperate excuse to get in early.

I preordered the game... so I'd have it the day it came out. December 20th.

I'm not in yet (I pre-ordered in July but didn't enter my code until the end of September, oh wretch that I am) - but that's okay. I'm supposed to be able to play by the 20th.

I'm going to get earlier play than that. This is wonderful. Why would I complain?

Why start another thread for whining and gnashing of teeth? Stop the cycle. I am flagging this thread as it is just perpetuating the cycle.

I would really like to get a semblance of normalcy and an air of positivity back on the forums so I can start focusing on the GAME!!!!! I want to play.

QFT

FLAG!

Useless QQ thread

appreciate the feedback, where did you read this? link?

Well i asked this exact ? On the old forums in that mega ega ingo thread. BW Answered like 4 ?s and one was mine. Basically said theyd open new ones throughout. Before you call BS you can also just go to the current server sticky thread and read the first line.

On another note why are fannys raging on this thread? Not entertaning. Please go entertain me in some ragers thread :)

Yeah we all know servers grow on trees. No testing is done, no setup, nothing. Just pick em off the ground when they're ripe enough to connect to.:rolleyes:

It's not a simple solution, and Bioware has actually addressed this very topic. But as always, no one listens to them.

Launch with too many servers, after the initial "First month exodus" many servers are empty, forcing merges.

Doesn't seem like such a good idea, does it?

On top of that, serves merges severely impact subscriber morale. Warhammer went with the attitude of "Whoops! Too many servers, we'll just clean this up a bit..." and the playerbase promptly pointed this out as a sign that the game was an utter failure. A lot of players realize that MMOs are an investment. When servers start getting shut down, they'll avoid the game like the plague because no one wants to lose their investment.

Posting this since the OP and many others crying about the EGA clearly don't follow the developers communications. This posted just yesterday from SR:

Two, our plan is to continue to add servers - but carefully, and in response to demand. We need to monitor that demand and roll out servers accordingly. A long-term recipe for MMO failure is to add a lot of servers early on, and then when population decreases, have to close those servers and merge them together.