Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.1 delay... impact on progression guilds

Centerpin
01.17.2012 , 01:21 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ianjeffs View Post
I should imagine a lot of people will quote you on that ^^ it pretty much sums it up.

Everyone who runs operations wanted the patch today, and if you are dead serious about progresison then you will do whatever it takes.

However this isn't WoW - we don't have wowprogress, achievements or armory and the content is so buggy your really fighting bugs more than bosses most of the time. I don't see how you can hope to compare with other guilds anyway.

I couldn't agree more!!!
Centerpin GM of Reign
╼⇥≪ Reign ≫⇤╾
8 man Progression Guild (West)

Ohnoto
01.17.2012 , 01:23 PM | #32
The patch only got delayed one day. It is coming out tomorrow.
Community Admin - TorCommunity
News, Guides, Forums, Character Profiles, and more.

Firelynx
01.17.2012 , 01:40 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
If you're really worried about strong competitive progression, then yes you will raid whenever you need to. On the other hand, if you're not in any progression races (and who is right now? Does anyone even track this stuff yet?) then why does it matter when the patch drops? Just raid whenever the next scheduled raid is.

Honestly the high-end raiding community in MMO's is never happy anyway. Coming from server-first raiding guilds in both EQ and WoW, I can say that the guild chat in these sorts of guilds is really just a never-ending pile of:

"There's too many bosses"
"There's not enough bosses"
"Attunements and keys suck, get rid of them"
"Casuals are getting into my raids now, why aren't there keys or attunements?"
"Gating sucks"
"Why wasn't this gated"
"Trash is boring"
"Why didn't this place have trash"
"RNG drops suck, make it easier"
"Casuals are getting loot, make it harder"

Eventually I think developers learn that they're not going to make everyone happy and they just have to do their best to release the best product they can.
wow .. took the words right outta my mouth

Elocke
01.17.2012 , 01:53 PM | #34
Based on the OP's post, and no offense you game the way you game, I just tend to think it's a waste of MMORPG developer's talents, I have found the reason for why MMO's in the last 7 years have been sucking. FAR too much development and focus on the endgame gear treadmill for the small percentage of people who only play these games for the "challenge" or "world first" of raids.

I personally don't mind them being in a game, just mind them being the sole focus as they are often of late. So the patch is delayed a day, woopdie doo, if the operation is all you care about in the patch...I have to wonder..why play MMO's at all.

Helagoth
01.17.2012 , 01:55 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Wuzseen View Post
Right, you just explained WHY they shouldn't focus on catering to the 1% of the "hardcore." Many people sub for 1 or 2 months and leave, agreed. So maybe if they cater to them, instead of the 1% of the population that resubscribes consistently, they'll sub for months to come! Fact is, the uber hardcore progression raider is a sheep. They will consistently flock to the most juicy content and pay their subscription. Evidence: see every so called hardcore MMO released in the past 15 years.

I started to type out a long winded response stating my opinion differently, then realized that more than anything, nothing you nor I say is a fact, it's all just our opinions or generalizations that aren't going to be true in even most situations, just some.

What it comes down to, is that they can make the hardcore progression guilds happy by keeping patches to a fixed schedule of say, always being on a Tuesday, and still provide everyone else with what they want, IE bug fixes. It's not one or the other.
Integrity MMO Community
Casual, no pressure, Quality Raiding - Juyo Server
PvE - EST - Mature Players Only

Gustomucho
01.17.2012 , 01:55 PM | #36
Quality > Quantity.

Right now, they need to polish the game, not add more problem to it. A minority of players are at the door of Kaon, the majority is still leveling or trying to make a guild able to do Ops.

I understand the OP frustration, but right now, adding more content for you to destroy will only lead you to want more content to destroy. For the rest of us, it is something to look forward in a couple of months.

And yes I say destroy because the first to kill things are the first to complain about the lack of content or how easy everything is. Plug in your old Nintendo and beat ghost'n goblins if you want hard content, for me, Ghost'n Goblins is a game I will never go back to because I don't enjoy very hard game.

Deviss
01.17.2012 , 01:58 PM | #37
The question is: will Operation lockouts reset for someone that cleared EV/KP today?
http://lorefreak.com
Only I have been both Fanboy and Hater and found clarity in the Force…
Interviews, debates, reviews, articles and more, all Star Wars related - embrace your inner nerd(i)ness!

United
01.17.2012 , 01:59 PM | #38
anybody can say they are world firsts in this game. nothing keeps track of it so really there isn't any type of true progression guilds like you are used to seeing.

personally im fine with it.
Sith Juggernaunt Tank Spec

Slothrop
01.17.2012 , 02:49 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by eezee View Post
Weekly maintenance / patches mean nothing if they're constantly delayed and pushed back to a new random date.
I do not understand this at all. Bug fixes and maintenance mean nothing if they are delayed?

I think your post is a well-worded whine that patch delays are inconvenient for you and BioWare should listen to said whine because you think you are important (more important?) than the masses, and you don't like being inconvenienced.

Clearly, BioWare disagrees.