Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Wittand
01.17.2012 , 10:59 PM | #41
2a. Since it seems to be both easier and fairer.

And even if true SGRAs would only come with new companions possibly with the next chapter of the story in a few months, at least some of the flirts that you can have with random NPCs throughout the story could be rather easily opened up for flirtations by both genders.

What I find more important is that we get an update on when and how BioWare plans to add SGRAs (a rough estimate like first half of 2012 would be sufficient). If they only come post level 50 in Chapter 4 with a new companion, there is no reason to wait with playing my gay smuggler if they open up Corso it would be better to wait to avoid having to restart.

elexier
01.18.2012 , 08:56 AM | #42
All I can say is WOW guys/gals.

The response here has been really good and unlike some other threads on the same discussion I have not seen anyone flaming.

So far it seems that Option 2a is most viable due to less work as the Companion Voice overs are already done.

Lets just hope that the guys/gals at Bioware throw us a bone on some details soon, I don't mind waiting But its nice to know what Im waiting for.

Its like your partner goes out to get dinner - You know dinner is comming but in what form ?

Weezyfb
01.18.2012 , 09:45 AM | #43
who says their will be or has to be SS romances?

elexier
01.18.2012 , 09:50 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Weezyfb View Post
who says their will be or has to be SS romances?

-sniff sniff- I smell a troll but just incase your not.

Bioware have already stated thats its comming

Doel
01.18.2012 , 10:27 AM | #45
2a

tho I certainly would also prefer option 2b - yet that would be.. a bit unreasonable, workwise.

anyway. my poor smuggler feels all lonely and is fighting off many many flirting women.

would love to know when bioware will implement it, even if they say in about 6 months or so I'd be happy to just have a timeframe....

LopretniMM
01.18.2012 , 12:12 PM | #46
2A, for sure. I believe an interview mentioned they planned far into the future, so I think the best bet is to go back and fix all the old companions and dialogue options first before moving forward. Companions would be pretty difficult, so I'd be happy with, as a start, being able to flirt with all the handsome Imperial men on my power hungry little Inquisitor. Lording over an ancient, powerful creature just isn't enough for him.
"There is no happiness without tears, no life without death. Beware! I am going to make you cry."

thegrognard
01.18.2012 , 01:30 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by LopretniMM View Post
2A, for sure. I believe an interview mentioned they planned far into the future, so I think the best bet is to go back and fix all the old companions and dialogue options first before moving forward. Companions would be pretty difficult, so I'd be happy with, as a start, being able to flirt with all the handsome Imperial men on my power hungry little Inquisitor. Lording over an ancient, powerful creature just isn't enough for him.
The idea of new companions seems like a very hard and that's just from a writer's perspectives as you'd have to make 8 new characters, all with interesting and different pasts, personalities, dialog and of course relatable missions and scenes when you meet the person for a chat on the ship or something. The extra characters sounds like something that will take quite some time before it's even implimented.

Jedikuonji
01.18.2012 , 02:25 PM | #48
2a is what I'd like to see.

More importantly though, I'd like to see some kind of time frame for implementation.

Nozybidaj
01.18.2012 , 04:26 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedikuonji View Post
More importantly though, I'd like to see some kind of time frame for implementation.
Hopefully now that they got 1.1 out (because more Rakghouls is really what this game needed /endsarcasm) they can start taking a look at more important things like this.

Reiliana
01.18.2012 , 09:28 PM | #50
Since I'm a lvl 45 SW that's held off on all other romance as I've been holding out hope for Vette to become a SS romance option, I would definately like to see 2a. Even if i had to pay real money to reset the companion storylines and do them all over again.