Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

Caelrie
01.17.2012 , 12:33 PM | #11
This one will get closed too as soon as a certain group finds it.

Bobbyrab
01.17.2012 , 12:41 PM | #12
The reason why these threads get closed is because they become nothing more than conspiracy theories.

The same direction this one is going.

Zazzaro
01.17.2012 , 12:43 PM | #13
I really could careless. The only thing i care about is if it keeps people happy and paying subs so the changes I want to see included have funding and get worked on. I can't really see how anyone would be against this unless it was a group decision in a flashpoint. If it's not, it doesnt even effect you. If you don't want the same sex content, don't choose those chat options. It's quite simple and pretty damn selfish for people to say it shouldn't be included. However, if it came down to working on same sex relationships and say working on ability delay and other crucial elements, Id def hope SS stuff is put on the back burner. Yes i realize there are different departments working on all the aspects of this game, but ability delay is more a coding problem than a bug fix i would think. And the coders have to code all the SS stuff in the game. That's the only argument that makes sense against SS content and I'm sure is how Bioware is handling the release of this content and all their planned content for that matter. But even then that issue, if it even exists, would just be a delay in release.

*Note* Will not explore the SS content when put in game and really have no desire to. But that's my choice and in a RP game i would be shocked if Bioware doesn't put this in.

thegrognard
01.17.2012 , 12:45 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bielduwyn View Post
Didn't they say when they announced that SGRAs would be a post-launch feature that they'd implement them through brand new companions rather than making existing ones turn bi? (Even though I totally see Kaliyo as being bi, she tends to get jealous when men hit on my FemAgent)

So if they're sticking to this, your female Knight won't be getting frisky with her padawan in a hurry one way or the other.
It seems kinda murky, even the thread that kinda went violitile that was closed they just repeated the statement which seems vauge if they mean that they're making new companions that are same sex or turning some bi.

I totally agree about Kaliyo. Like on one mission she went "Aww, he's cute, don't you think?" and when I said "he's not my type" i gained affection with her 0_o so it seems suggestive but that's all it seems to be for the moment, just suggestive.

Edit: for option I pick/hope for 2a. As I stated above, Kaliyo does seem to lean both ways and from the glint into her gritty past I can imagine if she had past relationships on both sides of the playing field, so to speak.

amonre
01.17.2012 , 12:47 PM | #15
I think the biggest two things are what the OP mentioned. A rough timeline (not an ETA) just saying if they think it's a several weeks task or several months task, along with word on if they are planning to implement SGRA with current companions or only new, future companions.

My expectation is, that if they do new companions, we won't see it for a long time. I can't see them adding in new companions unless it's a new one for each class all at the same time (either the same companion, or a different one for each class). If they are all different, I see that as a noticeable amount of work.

Either way, something to let us know it is in the works versus just being on the table, would be good.

Agemnon
01.17.2012 , 01:00 PM | #16
I'm not gay but I'd pursue SS on my male consular since his character is a big fat gay nice guy, but not stereotypically gay. On my main of course I'm romancing Leesha ^_^

Cayse_Harker
01.17.2012 , 01:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by thegrognard View Post
It seems kinda murky, even the thread that kinda went violitile that was closed they just repeated the statement which seems vauge if they mean that they're making new companions that are same sex or turning some bi.

I totally agree about Kaliyo. Like on one mission she went "Aww, he's cute, don't you think?" and when I said "he's not my type" i gained affection with her 0_o so it seems suggestive but that's all it seems to be for the moment, just suggestive.

Edit: for option I pick/hope for 2a. As I stated above, Kaliyo does seem to lean both ways and from the glint into her gritty past I can imagine if she had past relationships on both sides of the playing field, so to speak.
I really think Kaliyo as a SS option was in the game or being worked on actively and got cut. A bunch of her chatter is either flirty or calls you babe.

I will reroll my 35 IA if she is eventually added; luckily that story is good enough to go through twice.

JaylaClark
01.17.2012 , 01:26 PM | #18
I do have to agree, I'd like to know who is going to be a SS option... I do admit to not getting my hopes up for the currents, because Laura Bailey, Lacey Chabert, Rachael Leigh Cook... these people do have other jobs and stuff. Major shame, too, considering I fell in love with Laura's voice in the Saint's Row game, AND Kira's my type a lot.

I can see Syreena being added, AND as a companion, though, as I'm fairly certain she's voiced by someone who is the primary co-star of another BioWare game. (LIARA DISCUSSION GROUP FTW!!! ... Anyway.) And I have a weird feeling Kimberly Brooks and Rafael Sbarge might be pressed into service for new characters, along with the other BioWare All-Stars like Mark Meer.

Oh well... I'm palling around with a Consular who's my RL gf anyway, so I'll take that for now.

depizan
01.17.2012 , 01:57 PM | #19
An ETA would be really nice.

I do think it's interesting that there's rather a lot of suggestive dialogue in the game already. It'd be nice if we could follow through on more of it. (I'm hoping for flirt options outside of the romances. Though I've encountered oddly flirty sounding non-flirt options from time to time. It makes me think that the implementation will be relatively easy - and that there may be dialogue already recorded for some of it.)

Teraphin
01.17.2012 , 02:22 PM | #20
I look forward to SS relationships in game and too would like some kind of ETA of said relationships. Also information on if to get into the relationships I might desire will I need to re-roll my characters, I am ok with this as the stores are engaging and fun.