Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?

02.09.2012 , 10:31 PM | #991

That is all.
Time to go a-killing!

02.09.2012 , 11:50 PM | #992
Count me as a vote to have the upcoming same sex relationships as a feature you can disable. Heck, I'd like to disable the relationship feature altogether, not just the same sex. In an ideal world we'd have two new options under social; enable relationships and enable same sex relationships.

BTW, this post was edited by a forum Community Rep to take out some inflammatory content. Where that originally irked me, it seems that this censoring is being done with an even hand. Thanks for leaving the important points of this post, rather than deleting it altogether.

02.10.2012 , 12:21 AM | #993
I am one of those people who is quietly losing interest because I can't romance the companion that I want to romance, while having to endure endless flirting from Mako.

I think that's a justifiable feeling to have, and here's why. From what I have played so far there is nothing gender-specific about the (Flirt) dialogue I have seen or done. So unless Bioware has some big plan to have gay companions with same-sex-specific dialogue, it is very strange that they described the issue as some kind of tough choice over what to spend time developing for launch.

From what I can tell, it wouldn't have cost anything. I think the real issue is that Star Wars, like Star Trek, is a very well known IP with an older following, and they decided not to rock that boat. There's simply no other explanation for it considering they have already published games with open romance options.

02.10.2012 , 12:24 AM | #994
Hello everyone,

This thread has reached post threshold and we have recreated it. Please continue the discussion here:

Please remember when posting that replies must be on-topic, constructive and respectful to all members of the community. Replies that do not adhere to this, or replies that discuss politics, religion or morality will be removed.

Thank you for your cooperation as we all work together to continue keeping this forum a safe and welcoming environment for the entire community!